22.

Saba's POV

We kissed. Yes, we did. In this whole month of bad experiences and heart breaking pain, today is the day I actually feel alive. After every thing that's happened, I think that's exactly what I needed to strengthen myself. Zain's kiss. The feeling makes me energetic and strong enough to fight my battle with the evil. Part of me believes that Danish will get punished for what he has done to me. But part of me is scared, too afraid to even wonder what will happen if Danish escapes? Or perhaps does something evil again to take a revenge on me?

I look at Zain who just sat down to the bed. He looks around my room, searching for I don't know what.

"You don't have television in your room?" He asks me once he has examined all four walls of my medium sized bedroom.

"Nope." I shrug my shoulders and sit next to him.

"So what do you do when you feel like watching a movie in the middle of the night?" He asks certainly, his question brings smile on my face. I have never thought of watching a movie in the middle of the night. Ever.

"I've never felt like doing that ever." I tell him with a smile.

"Wow."

He must be thinking I'm crazy. I mean, seriously? In my entire twenty-two year old life, why the fuck I never thought of watching a movie in the middle of the night?

Because you are afraid of going downstairs when it's dark and all the lights are out. My mind answers to my idiotic question. I almost jump when my phone rings and swipe to answer the call.

"Hey, Saba. Inspector Salim here." Mr. Salim says to me, his voice calm and serious at the same time.

"Yes, sir. It's me." I tell him and glance back at Zain who is looking at me with a confused expression.

"The date for your case has come, the hearing is on coming Monday 9:00 a.m sharp."

My body shivers a little but I manage to pull myself back together. I can do it. "Sure, sir. I'll be there. " I tell him, taking a hold on myself. I don't know why the hell my body is shivering.

"See you then, best of luck." He wishes me quickly and hangs up without hearing me say "thank you".

"Who was it?" Zain asks as I put my phone down on the table.

"Inspector Salim. He said that the date has been announced and I have to visit court on Monday, 9:00 a.m sharp." I explain him.

"Wow, that was quick." Zain says with a smile. He holds my hand gently and I rest my head on his shoulder, trying to relax my heartbeat.

"Did you tell Haya about us?" I ask Zain slowly.

He sighs and rests his head over mine. "I will, once she returns from her trip."

"Do you... do you think she'd mind?" I ask again, wondering what will be her reaction when she finds out that her raped best friend is dating her brother.

"Why would she?" Zain asks, "unless you are dating her as well." He giggles.

I roll my eyes at him and pat his lap slightly. "Shut up! Okay?"

"Okay, okay." He nods, trying hard to hide his laughter behind his sexy smile.

"Anyways, she's returning on Sunday afternoon. I'll pick you up for dinner on Sunday at our place." He says and stands up to leave.

"Okay." I nod in agreement. Zain smiles at me. "Goodbye, Saba." He says.

"Goodbye." I reply with a smile, already wishing he could stay more longer.

*****

Danish's POV

I hit the wall with my leg and punch it. My fingers are red and swollen but they don't hurt a bit. I stare angrily at Zahid who is just looking at me through the other side of the lockup. If I were free, I would definitely beat him to death!

"One task!" I spit out, "Just one fucking task I gave you! And you couldn't even kill that bitch?"

Zahid looks at me with confused eyes. His face appear more shitty to me now. "Believe me boss, my men saw her getting inside the store, but she didn't come out. "

"Don't fool me Zahid! She didn't go to sleep there!" I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm serious! My men even went inside to search for her. But it seemed like she just disappeared. " Zahid defends his fucking fellow.

"Shut up!" I shout, pointing a finger at him. "You and your idiot men are not capable of anything! It was my fault to assign that task to you! What was I even thinking? The hearing is scheduled this Monday! That bitch will spit out the truth and they will hang me to death! I have to do something..... REAL QUICK!"

Zahid looks down to the floor like he's thinking something and then he looks at me. "There's one thing we can do." He says.

"What?"

"I can ask Saba to visit you here and then you can apologize to he___" before Zahid could even complete what the fuck he was about to say, I cut him off.

"Apologize?" I laugh sarcastically. "Danish Ahmed never asks for anyone's forgiveness or permission. Do you get that?" I stare at him right in the eye and he steps back.

"Then die." He mutters and leaves.

I look at his disappearing figure and then hit the lockup door when he leaves. "Get me out of here!" I yell.

"Shut up!" The police officer shouts from the corner.

I close my eyes and turn around. There's no way I'm gonna apologize to her. But there's no other way. I have to do it and I have to fake it. I know that girl, she's soft by heart. She will forgive me and take the case back. And once I get out, I will kidnap her and kill her. That bitch has to die! The person who insults Danish Ahmed does not survive for long.

*******

Dear readers,

Really sorry for late update! I got super busy these days but I will try to update soon. P.S,  only few more chapters are left to complete the story. Enjoy! Dont forget to read, vote and comment! Have a lovely day!