10.

Zain's POV

As Saba leaves our residence with Danish, I am left in a complete shock. How can she fall in love with someone like him? Doesn't she know what kind of person he is? I swear if she knew him completely, she would never choose to be with him ever.

Danish and I studied in same class. We were classmates till graduation. And in those fourteen years of education there wasn't a day when Danish didn't bunk a class. He was given detention more than ten times for various reasons ; smoking, cheating, fighting as well as insulting teachers. There wasn't a single girl in class he hadn't flirt with. My mother always told me to stay away from him and I did. I am glad I did.

After  graduation, I decided to go UK for further studies but that couldn't happen because then Haya would be left all alone as my elder brother Haris often goes on tours and trips for business meetings and my parents already live in UK. So I started studying CA (chartered accountant) here in Karachi.

Well, years passed and all of my classmates moved on in their lives. Facebook was the only way of communication left among us. And through facebook I found out that Danish got in a violent relationship with a girl and then he married her as well. Also I heard that he was arrested for robbing a house (I'm not sure if that's a rumor or not but it clearly does make him a terrible person).

And then one day I saw Saba having coffee with him. I couldn't believe it of course. Saba is a beautiful girl, she can't choose someone like Danish to be her love. Part of me thought that maybe he has changed. But that turned out to be a false thought because of the way he behaved with me in the kitchen. He literally acted like he doesn't know me at all! If Saba wasn't there,  I would have punched him when he called me an idiot. But she was there! And I knew it's no good to pick a fight with anyone infront of a girl.

I walk back inside the house with dozens of thoughts in my head. I am feeling weird right now, like something's wrong. I walk in the kitchen to get myself a drink and then walk outside again. Haya and Hammad just left for their honeymoon and all the guests have started to leave. I am supposed to be happy right now as my sister just got married and the entire function went well, instead I feel bad to let Saba go alone with Danish at this hour of night.

I mean I know he's her boyfriend, but he's dangerous! He's a bad guy! Why doesn't she know that? I really need to get myself away from all the second thoughts that are surrounding my mind thus, I involve myself in saying goodbyes to our guests and helping workers to wind up the wedding setup. By the time the lawn is cleaned and all the workers have left, it's 2:00 a.m. I walk towards the lounge and find my mother sitting on a couch with Haris and my dad. I take a seat next to my dad and let out a sigh in relief.

"Thank God, everything went well." says my mother with a smile while rubbing cotton ball on her nails to remove the nail paint.

"Yeah. " my dad replies while going through the emails in his phone.

"Oh, Zain, I've asked Haya to message or call you when the flight is about to take off. " my mom tells me and I nod.

"Why you worry so much, Zeenat?" my dad asks my mom, "she's with her husband now. He will take care of her. " my mother rolls her eyes in response, making my dad laugh.

We are all busy in having a family chit-chat when the phone rings.
"Who must be calling at this hour of night?" my mother wonders as my dad picks up the receiver.

"Hello? " he listens and then hands the receiver to my mother,  " it's Saba's mother. "

"Right now? " my mom wonders and bring the receiver to her ear. My fingers start trembling. Something is wrong !

"Yes, Sarah? How are you dear? " she asks calmly.

But her expressions fells after hearing something, " No, she left the wedding at twelve.."

"No, Zain didn't go to drop her. Neither did I.. " my mother tells her in a worried tone.

"Calm down,  Sarah... Let me ask Zain." my mother looks at me, her face turned red in tension. "Saba is missing. Do you have any idea where she went? "

I stand up immediately. I knew it! Danish wasn't worth trusting at all! He has got her! I have to find him. I can't let him hurt her! No way!

"Zain, I'm asking you something. " my mom calls out.

"She went with Danish. " I tell her and she informs Sarah.

" Don't go anywhere, Sarah. I'm coming at your place." my mother stands up and walk towards the door.

"let's go,  Zain. Take me to Sarah's house. "

*****

Aunt Sarah is standing on her doorstep. Her face is all wet because of crying. She hugs my mother right away and literally sobs in her arms.

"Ssshhh... It's gonna be okay. We will find her.." she condoles Sarah while I hand her a glass of water.

"I told her not to fall for him! She wouldn't listen! " Sarah cries. "if something happens to my daughter, I will die, Zeenat! I will die! "

My mother hugs her, although she's trying her best not to cry, she can't help it. I continuously try dialing Saba's number but it goes off. I log on to facebook to check if I can find Danish's number. Luckily, I find it. I save it quickly and then dial it.

It says leave a message!

What the fuck?  Where the hell did he take her?