Five: emotions?

AN: thank you all for 100 reads and all the votes, that means a lot to me :3 and I'm sorry that this took sooo long to publish, I have been super busy and hadn't had time to finish it

Connors pov:
Faint small sun rays were peeking through the light grey fluffy cumulus clouds that blanketed the sky in the local Detroit parks I had agreed to meet (name) in.
even though My touch sensors didn't allow me to 'feel' the sunbeams on my synthetic skin and face, I could tell from both the body heat levels of the nearby people around me, and my external temperature gauge that it was a wintery, but still comfortable day in Detroit nonetheless.

I was currently standing near the park's entrance, patiently Waiting for (name), as I wanted to give her the news in person about Her longtime friend Brent, who was now a wanted android.

Although i had counted on lieutenant Anderson coming alongside with me today, he insisted that i come and meet with her alone. I would have to ask why he made that decision later.

I fidgeted with my coin, letting the round metal object roll down my knuckles, or throwing it between my hands and fingers, never letting it fall on the pavement when doing so.
I had also repeatedly looked down and checked my appearance or straightened my tie over the course of the morning.
'Why am I so nervous?' I couldn't help but process 'it's this strange feeling again'.

Suddenly I heard the sound of small footsteps softly approaching me, I looked up from the pavement to meet (name)s oh so enchanting (E/C) eyes. Looking into them felt like a much needed breath of what humans call ''fresh air''.

"Hello (name), it's nice to see you again" I greeted

"It's nice to see you too, Connor." She hand signed

"Care to walk with me?" I asked
She answered with a simple nod and soft smile

We turned together and started walking down the small park sidewalk, leaving behind the playground and the small children shouting with joy.
We first spent a few moments in silence, but not an unpleasant one. we were just taking in the beautiful day in the equally beautiful park in a peaceful daze.

"you said that you wanted to meet me here? To tell me something?" She signed after a couple minutes of silent strolling

"Oh yes, um of course" I stumbled over with my words, trying to think of the right ones to use, but knowing from my experience with humans, that the conclusion would hurt her either way. This would be very difficult...

"a few days ago, lieutenant Anderson and I were assigned a homicide case at the eastern motel. From the traces of thirium at the scene-"
I was stopped by (name)s small arm clinging onto me. her soft smile dropped and her eyes became dark.

"We traced it back to Brent," I concluded  "I'm very sorry to report that he has become the lead suspect in the motel incident, and possibly the attack at Stratford."

She stayed silent, in a state of shock. A very justified one at that. even though I didn't understand emotions that well, I did however understand that she must feel completely...lost, and quite possibly... alone.

Her once vibrant but now cloudy eyes said it all.

"If I'm honest," she began "I had a feeling that's what you were going to tell me today but I didn't want to believe it"
I watched as those stunning (E/C) irises were drowned in water, she was beginning to cry.
I stopped in my tracks, and turned to her. i don't know how it happened to me or what brought my body to do it, but before I know it I'm holding her in my arms in a comforting but slightly stiff and awkward hug. I didn't have much experience with the close gesture, so I wouldn't say I was very 'good' at it.