Nine: revelation

(Name) woke up to small rays of light peeking in through her window, them protruding out from grey clouds. Even though the faint golden beams were giving the grey room at least a small pop of color, she wished that the storm clouds weren't in the way to spoil it like they almost always did.
She knew that Yet again, it's was going to rain in Detroit.

She scanned the room with her (E/C) orbs and saw that Connor was nowhere to be seen

She scanned the room with her (E/C) orbs and saw that Connor was nowhere to be seen. She wondered where the android had gone off to, especially so early in the morning. However she never truly considered that androids never really needed sleep, they just power off temporarily to refuse the strain on their lithium battery. It truly was so strange to some, yet to (name) it was completely routine and normal.

Then, as if on cue, the door to her room slightly opened, the old wooden door squeaking with protest, causing her head to turn quickly to face it. She was then met with a smiling Connor, holding a cup of steaming coffee in his hand.

"(Name), I'm glad that you're conscious again" he whispered softly, walking up and sitting in the chair beside her, the chair that he had presumably been for as long as she was 'unconscious'
"I hope that you weren't alone too long, I have brought you a hot cup of coffee to give you a sufficient boost of caffeine for your tired system"

She wiggled out her arms from out of the warm white blankets and sheets,
"Thanks Connor," she blushed at his thoughtfulness and his smile warner than the cup of coffee he brought her
"how long have I been asleep?"

"You have been in a deep sleep for 2 days, 13 hours and 24 minutes" Connor calculated without a second thought, still keeping that sweet smile on his face.

"Two days!" She signed with pure astonishment on her face, a single thought kept racing in her mind
"oh god, what about simon!"

Connor laid his hand on (name)s shoulder in an attempt to calm her down. "don't work yourself up too much, I don't want you to be injured further"
he carefully sat down on the edge of the bed, "Simon came over yesterday to check on you, he brought you fresh (favorite flowers)"

(Name) looked over to her bedsaide table, displaying a beautiful bouquet of (favorite flowers) in a glass vase. Even though the sun slightly withered the tips of the petals, the vibrant colors and pleasant fresh smell remained. She smiled at Simons thoughtfulness and remembrance of her favorite flowers.

"(Name), I have to inform you about something of importance" Connor piped up, now standing idly next to her bed.

"Shoot" she signed, smiling

Instead of protesting like last time Connor smiled, "according to police protocol, we have to ask some questions about what exactly happened to you"
His plastic coated hand grabbed her small one and gave it a very small and gentle squeeze,
"There is reason to believe this was an organized crime"