Seven: danger

Contradictions.

They seemed like the only things that raced in (name)s one-track mind on that afternoon dog walk with peanut butter. Of course the time was great to think in silence without being interrupted, still the thoughts lingered and it sent her brain through a loop that was inescapable.

to such an extent even, that she couldn't seem to fully concentrate on anything else earlier in the past few days, not even the beautiful Mid morning she was lucky enough to see that day. somehow it seemed like Detroit was finally coming out of the icy conditions that had plagued the city for the last couple of months. (Name) and peanut butter both were happy that they could return to their morning walks again. Lately it had been just too cold.

Though the strangest thing about her thoughts over the past few days, was that it seemed like all of them centered around a certain android. one that she had been asked quite frequently about over the past couple of days by her best friend that was staying over the weekend.

Connor, in fact, had been the main topic of discussion around her house. Simon was by nature a very curious android, so of course he was desperate to know every bit of (name)s relationship with the prototype that lived a completely different existence from her rather less complex one. He was quite a hopeless romantic by nature after all, and saw something fascinating about how the android that was the most mechanical out of any other he'd met before, had a friend to hang out with.

their relationship in general was the main thing that had gotten her mind so sidetracked. she had lately spent a lot of time thinking about the android she had grown so attached to, his natural caring ways and innocence to the world around him made him so unexpectedly charming and overall different from anyone else she had ever met.

the lines of friendship and something more were beginning to intersect, the intertwined feelings made her feel something she couldn't quite explain to the fullest. however she knew that it was something she had never felt to such an extent.

(name) turned her head to look at Simon, who was now walking beside her on the sidewalk. his feet stepping almost in time with her own, it was comforting in a sense. Even though she knew androids were programmed to sync steps with people as a way to appear more human.
he had agreed to come with her as a way to protect her from "potential danger" and as emotional support for the day.

last night (name) had finally gotten around to telling him about the situation with Brent, needless to say, there were a lot of tears shed. Nevertheless, Simon's natural motherly instinct kicked in and he spent the night making (name) comfortable and as happy as he could possibly could. He knew that she needed someone to take care of her so she wouldn't have as much to worry about. So here he was now, by her side as a best friend should be. Even though she couldn't physically express her thanks, (Name) was extremely grateful to simon, and he understood that just the same.

Every now and then, peanut butter would stop and sniff the grass with his small brown muzzle, or he would go and greet another dog that even though he'd never seen the dog before in his young life, would still treat him like they were his littermate.

It was now one of those times in the walk, one where peanut butter decided suddenly to take a rest and lay down under a bench placed next to the pavement for some shade and downtime. (Name) and Simon decided to take up the opportunity as well (even though Simon didn't really need 'rest'), and they sat down together.

"Its a very nice day out don't you think (name)? And there's only a 25% chance if rain this evening" simon exclaimed happily, "Maybe we could go to the park with peanut butter perhaps? We could always come home and watch a movie afterwards if you would like to"

Even though that sounded ever so tempting,(name) shook her head.

"Ah, I would love to Simon but I can't,  remember?" (Name) signed in reply,

She had scheduled to meet with the head of local news company after they became interested that she worked for such a big company like Stratford tower. They wanted to talk about giving her a job writing the advertisements for their show and website (exactly like her old job, just on a smaller and less exhausting scale) they had even learned some sign language to make her feel more comfortable.

Simon just slowly nodded his head "I could drop you off if you want me to, and I can pick you up right after your done"

"Simon, you're such a mom sometimes"

"thats what i do" simon replied, grabbing her arm.

°time skip°~~~~~~~

simon pulled up in front of the small coffee shop that would serve to be the interview spot. he slowed up expertly to the sidewalk curb and softly stopped next to the sidewalk. Although (name) wouldn't admit it aloud, she was a little jealous of the android superb driving skills.

He halted the car to a stop, and went around the front of the carbto open the passenger door for (name). Really he was such a mom sometimes.

"You can contact me whenever you are done, I'll be at your house" simon said as (name) exited the car.

"Okay, I'll be sure to" (name) replied

She stood on the front sidewalk as simon entered the car once again and drove off down the street. He turned the corner and disappeared behind a building.

After simon was out of sight, (Name) turned and walk up the cafe, knowing that because she had gotten here earlier than was needed, she would be by herself for a few more minutes.

She walked the sidewalk next to a small alleyway to get to the shop. However, in a matter of minutes she was pulled and thrown against the buildings bricks, a barrel of a gun pointed to her temple. Her small hands were pinned behind her back

"Well, look what we have here." A voice behind her sneered with pure resentment "isn't this the deaf girl That android loves?"

She tensed as the gun was pressed harder on her head. 'What does he mean?' She thought, but right now that was the least of her worries.

"No, he said she was the mute one, dumbass" another voice whispered/screamed.

"That's quite enough" a voice said "unhand her immediately or I will contact the rest of the Detroit police department"

Connor?

An: hey guys, sorry this took SOO long to write, I'll try to write more often so we won't have a long break like this again. Also I want to thank you guys for more than 300 reads, that's absolutely insane and I appreciate all of the comments and reads and votes dearly, thanks for making this my most viewed story! :D