fourteen: unlikely events

"are you kidding me? the powers out!"

Inky blackness surrounded (name) and hanks vision. The only thing that would momentarily light up the room was the lighting that was flashing relentlessly through the window. Still she could hear the string of curses from what sounded like Gavin coming from the other room. Other than that though everyone was silent. Either they were simply trying to find their way around or trying to adjust their eyes to the black abyss before them.

Though of course, Connor had none of those problems and he immediately tried to take control of the situation, yelling out:

"Everyone please remain calm and try to make your way to the exit as quickly and efficiently as possible" his loud voice cut through the dense fog.

In the bright flashes of light, (name) saw hanks silhouette in the doorframe behind her,
"yeah what he said" she could practically sense the eye roll even in his voice.
Therefore, slowly but surely, (Name) and hank both started haphazardly feeling their way towards the main ward. Though as they both arrived a small bright beam was casted in (Name)s (e\c) eyes.

"Oh there you are (Name)" it was Connor, "I was concerned for your well being, so I'm glad you're okay"

(Name) smiles as she shielded her face from the bright rays. She raised her hands to sign but was interrupted by a few banging noises and hank muttering multiple curses under his breath. Like Connor, he was also carrying a small flashlight.
"The doors are completely electronic and have no manual switch, those fuckers aren't opening without power"

"Same for the back door, the place is in lockdown" reed shouted from the other side of the ward,his phone screens light guiding him along.

"Connor, can't you hacking skills that androids have to override the switch somehow?" Hank asked the Android, but was answering by him shaking his head

"The police locks, doors, and computers are encrypted its technology we cannot read, to prevent any android from escaping"

"So what you're saying is we're stuck here?" Hank asked

"Until the power is restored, yes"

(Name) exhaled a long, slow breath as she took Connor's hand and let him lead her to his desk. She couldn't help but think of simon. Where was he? Did he make it home okay? Did someone else hurt him again? With all the protesters preventing him from going home that last question never left her mind.

She felt awful for leaving him behind like that, even if she was going to find out just what was going on in his case. She still left her friend behind.

Pulling out her phone, she found simons contact and began to type:

(Name): hey simon, the powers out at the station and none of us can get out until its back on

since simon immediately receives texts via his LED, so it didn't take long for a response

simon: oh no! i hope everyone's okay, take your time ill be waiting for you

she hesitated before resuming typing

(name): simon, im sorry i shouldn't have left you behind like that, i should have at least walked you home

simon: no its okay! i felt the same way when you got hurt and i wasnt there. i know you feel like you let me down but nothing that happened today was your fault. i promise im okay dont worry about me and just try to stay calm until the power comes back on. i assure you ill be giving you a flashlight so you dont fall unprepared like this again.

she smiled

(name): thank you simon, for everything

simon: anything for my best friend!