thirteen: inside the station

'Drop'
One.
'Drip'
Two..
'Drip'
Three..

The pouring rain was endless, always dripping a little bit at a time. Just when you think it's over it comes back even heavier than before. (Name)s life felt much like that way nowadays. Just when everything's okay and peaceful, in a matter of moments her friends are in danger or lost somewhere on the streets.

Why couldn't it all just be normal? Why couldn't she be normal? Why couldn't the world just leave her alone for just a few fleeting minutes.

"(Name)? Are you sure the attacker didn't harm you? You haven't heard any of my seven advances to communicate with you"

Turning away from the window being pelted with endless drops of the Detroit rain, (Name) turned back around to her seat mate in the police cruiser.
her crystal (e/c) irises collided with  his chocolate brown ones and the intensity of both shown through.

She couldn't help but smile. For just a moment she was reminded of the times where she first met Connor, when he insisted on walking her home that evening, and he gave her his android jacket (how he got another one so fast, (Name) still had no clue). She still remembers how it felt when she first read that note on her fridge that morning.

It was almost a different time then, back when she didn't have to worry about Simon being held at knife point, or Brent being lost in the unforgiving streets. Back when she was left ignorant about the issues her society still had.

"Yes Connor I'm okay I promise"

He flashed a warm smile "oh excellent"

"Hey Romeo as much as I would like to watch you dick around with your girlfriend, we've got and Android to question" lieutenant Anderson called from the front seat.

Then, as if on cue, the police cruiser pulled up to the Detroit police department with a transport van following close behind. It didn't take long for the group to exit and join the two officers waiting at the entrance for the criminals arrival.

As soon as the car halted, nines swung out of the vans back door, the Android held tightly against his chest.

"Nines he isn't some fbi criminal, take it easy" hank shot to the Android

"I've got this lieutenant," nines replied, his voice cold as ice as he walked the Android into the station, his grip never faltering
"frankly I don't understand why you called for backup, I could have handled this alone"

Hank sighed "yeah well we just happened to get a call about a rouge Android, we had no clue you were on the scene. Now go on and take him to holding and stop being a horses ass"

With a glare that could kill, nines sauntered in the station, with the Rest following close behind. Though as he followed (Name) in, Connor couldn't help being confused. Why did hank call him Romeo? That for sure wasn't his programmed name.

 Why did hank call him Romeo? That for sure wasn't his programmed name