Six: friends

Simon.

(Name) engulfed the PL600 model housekeeper android in an enormous bear hug, one she had been saving especially for him for what seems like forever.

Other than her childhood android Rachel, Simon had been her best friend what seems like all her life, always treating her with his signature kindness and love that he shared with everyone he met.
However he had left years ago to join an illegal android colony called 'Jericho' In search for his freedom, and Other than a few discreetly sent letters, or a short phone call on her birthday, she hadn't heard from him in a long time.

"Woah, I missed you too (name), it's great to see you again" simon said, returning the enormous hug but with more care. "But um, if you keep squeezing me like this, my thirium pump will burst open"

(Name) quickly let her arms unwrap around a simons form, "whoops sorry"
She signed
(Name) then guided simon into her house by his arm, shutting the door after the two were inside the doorway.

Peanut butter, by then awakened by the commotion, ran up to Simon and began to yip at the android who compared to him was a giant. Though the small dog seemed as ferocious as possible, simon still carelessly kneeled down beside peanut butter and patted his small head gently.

"Aw he's so cute" simon said, still petting the by now calmed down dog

"Yeah, when he's not chewing up all my stuff that is," (name) signed in reply, as she sat down on her living room couch "come on and sit, make yourself comfortable"

Simon then rose up from the floor and joined (name) on the (f/c) couch, the cushion sinking under his plastic body's weight.

"So what's been going on with you simon?" (Name) started up the conversation "i haven't seen you since you left for Jericho"

"Yes, I know. I hope you got those letters I sent," simon smiled sheepishly "but other than trying to work out peace negotiations between androids and humans, not much has been 'going on'. It's all that's on our minds right now."

He playfully punched the Side of (name)s arm, something she had taught him how to do years ago, him before thinking that it was a gesture of hate.
"That's why I've just now been able to come see you"

(Name) nodded understandingly "it's okay, I know that you must have had a lot on your plate considering all the stuff that's happened in a short amount of time. I'm just glad you're safe"

She then changed the topic, "so.. how are you and Markus doing?" She asked, remembering Simons mention of his boyfriend Markus in one of his letters.

Simon seemingly blushed, his cheeks flushing a light shade of blue.
It made (name) wonder if that's what that indeed was what happened to Connor when she talked to him, did androids even blush or get embarrassed at all? She'd have to ask him later.

"We're doing as good as ever" Simon replied "he's absolutely amazing"

(Name) nodded, "i bet...I'm so happy for you Simon, you seem like you finally have some peace of mind and time for yourself, it's been a long time since I've seen that"

Simon softly smiled, as if to agree "yes I do, it feels good, I'm finally trying to find time to work on myself and it's very rewarding, Markus has helped me see that, and I'm very grateful"

He then shifted on his seat, "so what about you? Do you have anyone special in your life at the moment?"

(Name)s smile slightly fell and her head shook "not at all. Other than Connor and you, I don't even have that many friends, much less a partner"