fifteen: dark revelation

dark...

(name) eyes fluttered open to nothing but abstract shadows aligning a bare wall in front of her.  faint rays of pale blue moonlight could be seen only from a window located behind her, though the rays didnt stretch far, only just around the area she was in. there was only thick eerie silence throughout the rest of the room.

cold..

a quick breeze ran down her spine in an instant, then it spread to the rest of her frail body that was already shaking but in fear. her instinct was to wrap her arms around herself for a bit of extra warmth, but found that her hands were tightly bound to the back of a metal chair she was in.  she desperately struggled to beak free but to no avail, the restraints maintained their grip, leaving her to shiver unaided.

"what the hell happened?"

that was the only thing she could think of. just where the hell was she? who did this? just where were they now? the last thing that she could remember was walking home from the police station in a blissful prance after connor had kissed her. then from then on everything was just a blurry distant memory. just how long had she been unconscious? why couldn't she remember what had just happened to her?

she stopped contemplating suddenly when she heard a small whirring noise a few feet from her position in the chair. just outside of the rays field the very dim light, she could faintly make out a tall figure hunched over in a chair. she stamped her foot a few times, thinking that was the best way to get their attention, but they never said anything in response much to her dismay. she could faintly smell a metallic odor radiating from that side of the room. it smelled familiar yet she couldnt quite place just what it was.

as she strained her eyes to try to see just who was that other person in the room with her, she felt a strong hand suddenly grip her shoulder tightly. (name) struggled under the death grip as she felt the restraints that tied her to the chair disappear. she was yanked up forcefully and walked a few feet, her doing everything she could to fight him off in the process. hell if she would let them take her somewhere to presumably be killed. if (name) wasn't mute, she would be screaming to the top of her lungs for help.

she was thrown on the ground. hard. further injuring her head, as her forehead broke her fall. she was momentarily left helpless as she became exceptionally dizzy once again.

"turn on the lights" she heard someone call out. their wish was soon granted, because all at once, the lights flickered on and revealed her dismal surroundings.

she was in a warehouse, that much was obvious, and an old one at that. the things that were causing shadows earlier were mere crates scattered haphazardly around the room.

though what struck her as odd though was that they were obvious cyberlife crates. there wasn't a cyberlife storage warehouse for miles and the company was very particular about just who got shipments of their products. why were they here?

she was brought out of her pondering when she heard a uneven pace come slowly closer to her form still laying on the ground. she brought her head, which now seemed to weigh a thousand pounds, up to face the thing making that noise only to come face to face with...

no,

theres no way,

no way in hell shes seeing what shes seeing

is that really..

brent?

her heavy heart began to race, suddenly her headache disappeared, brent. he was here. he was okay. suddenly, her dizziness subsided and her headache subsided. she was so overwhelmed to see him again, and still functioning. she looked him over to make sure her eyes werent deceiving her. his brown hair lost its shiny, android-like appearance, (it had most likely because he had been out missing for so long) though it was still in its signature messy style. his matching brown eyes told the same story, dull and almost cold now, yet still inviting.