seventeen: help

It only seemed like a matter of seconds before hanks old car kicked into high gear and swerved into a nearby empty parking lot on the outskirts of town. It had only just struck five PM, however the sun had already sank far below the horizon, and the only real light came from the street lights illuminating the desolate streets where the empty shops stood closed.

Without the suns warming rays, The temperature had dropped to a staggering 12° degrees, a dangerously low temperature for a human to be out in without proper clothing for the conditions. Connors only thought and concern right now was for (name). is she injured? well she already had a head injury previous to this, and further head trauma could result in permanent damage. or rather, has the staggering temperature gotten to her first? there was no way to say for sure.

so with thoughts like that running through connors software, it didnt come as a shock when, as soon as hank turned his cars stuttering engine off, connor practically leapt out of his seat and into the cold breeze of the night. Immediately, after setting eyes on his target destination, he started in the trek. It wasn't exactly hard to spot Connors point of interest, even in such dreary conditions.
Jerichos current headquarters was an anything but modest three story building of tan brick with various brightly colored murals depicting androids and humans together on the sides of it. Even in the hazy fog, the brightly colored painted chosen made itself known, and connor couldn't help but nod knowingly. Brightly colored paintings in that signature style, that had to be Markus's doing, and Connor found it somewhat endearing that the very leader of the android revolution was out working in the building like everyone else. That did sound like him after all.

Before he knew it, Connor found himself directly in the front entrance of the building he was admiring. With a sharp yet needless inhale of the chilly air and a straightening of his tie, the android headed up the entry steps two at a time and was just about to reach for the handle of the glass door when he was stopped by a rough grip to his shoulder. He turned and was met with an agitated and seemingly disheveled hank Anderson, who was attempting to catch his breath.

"For fuck sake Connor couldn't you have waited up for me?" He said in a flurry of diluted anger,

"My apologies lieutenant" Connor drearily replied, far too entranced with the entrance in front of him to pay much attention to hanks temporary anger. If androids could, he was almost nervous to meet with Markus. So many things could either be solved in this conversation but yet again if it wasn't, then it would just be wasted time. What if Markus had no leads as to who was behind this? What if this was all for nothing and (name) would continue to be out in the cold longer now that they had wasted time running in circles? What if they would just be back at square one again?

It seemed at that moment, hank caught on to the hesitation that Connor was displaying. His expression that was once the usual scowl he wore softened,
"Hey come on" he said, lightly pushing the androids shoulder, "we'll find her connor"

"Statistically speaking we have a 54% chance that-"

"Fuck statistics! You're one of the best damn detectives I've ever seen, don't let this get to your head. We will find her, Connor. I'm sure if it" hank out a gentle hand on Connors shoulder, turning him to face the lieutenant.
"don't freak out, we will find her"

Connor nodded slightly and almost smiled at hanks words, then he turned around and brought a hand to the entry door and pushed it open, allowing them to get inside, to find some notion of help. If Connor needed to breathe, he was almost sure the pace of it would have increased tenfold by now, however he reassured himself that he shouldn't worry. Hank was right, he will succeed in bringing (name) home. He always accomplishes his mission and he wasn't about to fail this one. No, he wouldn't fail one of the most important people he's ever met, he won't allow himself.