Two

The coronation took a lot longer than it should have, Kidd stopped the ceremony five times to start it over because his OCD kept acting up. I didn't really know him well at all, but Black Star had warned me about it on our way here, and I certainly didn't expect it to be this bad.
Eventually, Kidd got past it and made a speech about our new pact with the Witches, meaning that Soul Eater Evans would be the Last Death Scythe from here on out.
I was a little upset about it, since I had once promised Saki that I would make her a death scythe, but I was happier that Witches were allies now instead of enemies. It was better this way, for everyone. Besides - we could all get stronger without having to be Death Scythes anyways.
After his speech, it suddenly turned into some wild dance party when Soul began to play the piano. Black Star grinned and pulled me and his weapon Tsubaki, who he'd introduced me to before, up onto the stage. He grabbed the nearest microphone and I laughed as he cheered.
This is what I'd been waiting for, to come back new and free and grown.
I finally have Black Star back by my side.

-

Black Star did daily training, and when I went into the dojo for mine and Saki's training, he was already there doing some warm up exercises.
I smiled upon seeing him, "Black Star!" I called out with a smile, his head turned to me and he stood straight from his stance.
"Hey Kirinna, come for a sparing match?"
I laughed sheepishly, worried I'd get beaten up, "I guess..."
"Perfect! Don't be shy now, step right on up! I'll go easy on you, okay?" He winked as I got into stance a few feet in front of him.
"Alright." I nodded, not even going to try and be cocky against him.

I managed to last about two minutes.

"You've definitely gotten stronger!" Black Star praised, "Maybe I should go even easier though..."
"I'd rather fight against someone I can win against." I replied as I sat up, "But thanks anyways, Black Star."
"He's right, you did get stronger." Saki bent down beside me, "You held up pretty well, using strategic moves and holding a good focus all the way through. But yes, you could never win against Black Stars strength."
"Thank you, Saki." I coughed out, trying not to get pissed off.
"Here. Let's try something easier." Black Star held out his hand and helped me back onto my feet. Our hands stayed together a little longer than normal, "What do you say about doing basic drills side by side instead of fighting each other?"
"Yeah, sounds good. You sure you won't get bored?"
He shook his head, "It's always good to go over the basics. Come on, let's get started!"
"Oh, Black Star and his friend are here too!"
Our plans were halted and I blinked at the same pigtailed girl from the other day, a boy with white hair whom I recognized as the Last Death Scythe Soul Eater Evans, and Black Stars weapon partner Tsubaki, as well as two other girls who looked like siblings.
"Hey guys! What's up?" Black Star grinned.
"Hey. Black Star, you haven't introduced us to the pretty lady yet. Not cool." The male began, a small smirk on his face as he glanced at him.
"Oh right! This is Kirinna, we're childhood friends. She went away for a while to train but now she's back!"
"It's nice to meet you all!" I smiled and the pigtail girl stepped up,
"It's nice to meet you too! My names Maka, and this is my weapon partner Soul."
"You already know me." Tsubaki smiled brightly and the smaller twin jumped out in front.
"And I'm Patty! That's my big sister Liz over there!" She jumped from me to Saki, "Who are you?!"
"Saki Nakano."
"Ooh! You're pretty blunt huh?"
"Yes."
Patty burst out laughing and I couldn't help but laugh lightly myself, "That's my weapon partner Saki. You sure are a lively bunch, huh?"
"Yeah, you can say that again!" Maka grinned, "Anyway, wanna train together?"
"Yes please, as much as I learn from training with Black Star, it isn't very satisfactory when you can never win."
"I feel you, on a very personal level." Maka nodded, placing a hand on my shoulder, "How about you and I spar instead?"
Didn't this girl kill the witch Aracnid and fight head on with the Kishin Asura?
I'm never going to win any fights, am I?

Surprisingly, Maka was pretty weak at hand to hand.
Black Star laughed, "That's Kirinna for ya! She's definitely gotten good!"
"Yes, I agree." Saki smiled proudly beside Black Star as I helped Maka back to her feet.
"Man... maybe I should train with Black Star more often." Maka grumbled.
"If you can handle it!"
"Never mind..."

-

I had been sitting at the top of the stairs for only a few minutes when Black Star sat down beside me. I smiled at his presence, recognizing his sent almost instantly. I missed his smell, his aura that always made me feel safe and happy.
"I'd forgotten how pretty the view was up here." I began, smiling out at the sun that had begun to set.
"Oh, yeah. I guess I'm just really used to it now." Black Star shrugged, "But I did forget what it was like to always have you by my side."
I glanced at him and he did the same, meeting my eyes. Slowly, he rose his hand to trace the scar over my left eye, "I'd almost forgotten all of you." He whispered, "You've changed a lot."
"In a good way though, right?"
He chuckled, nodding as he placed his hand back by his side, "You've changed too." I commented, sliding a finger along the scar on his star tattoo, "Can you tell me... who did this to you?"
"A man named Mafune... He was a strong soul, who lived as the Witch Angela's body guard. He was insanely powerful, and it took everything in me to beat him. But in the end..." Black Star trailed off, and he grabbed onto my hand that still traced the star symbol.
"He's dead?"
"Yeah. And Angela... we're not allowed to tell her yet."
I frowned, knowing why that was a rule set in place, but also briefly seeing the future pain that she'll experience when she realizes that Mafune is gone and the people who she trusts had lied to her. I gently rested my head on Black Stars shoulder, silently reassuring him that everything would be okay as our hands held tight to each others.
It's been almost three years since we last saw each other, and I could have sworn we were just best friends then, but the moment I laid my eyes on Black Star was the moment everything changed. He's not just my best friend, he never was... he's my soul mate, and I wanna be with him forever.

Saki Nakano

"So... I'm not the only one that's noticed Black Star's and Kirinna's behavior lately right? It seems the second she got back they were all in love all of a sudden." Liz began, glancing over at the two sitting at the top of the stairs together.
"Yeah, Black Star always used to tell me about Kirinna, but he's definitely been more invested in her lately. She's nearly all he talks about!"
"Really?" Soul grinned, "Man, he really is growing up. Falling in love too? And with such a babe-"
"Maka Chop!"
"Ow! what the hell Maka?!"
"I myself had never considered Black Star being able to love anyone other than himself." Maka giggled as the other girls joined in.
"I'd always thought they were dating." I admitted, "Kirinna used to talk about him all the time as well, and the only word I could use to explain the way she looked when she thought about him, or talked about him, was love."
"Wow, poetic!" Patty cheered.
"I think they'd be cute together!" Tsubaki grinned, "I have to agree with Saki, from what I've taken in from Black Star, I have always believed that they loved each other."
"I know! Lets set them up!"
"Guys, that's kind of uncool-"
"Shut up Soul, this is gonna be great!"