I wish

Michael POV

I can't believe all that happened junior year. Jeremy got a SQUIP, destroyed the last shreds of my self esteem, almost shattered society, we forgave him, Christine and Jeremy started dating, there was another play, Jeremy and Christine grew apart, broke up, I had to help the depressed Jeremy back to health, y'know, that stuff.

Rich dyed his hair back to normal because it reminded him of the pain the SQUIPs caused.

Jenna Rolland is still the main source of gossip. At least that's the same.

I went to a pride rally in June and got my new favorite patch for my hoodie.

Despite everything, life is good. Jeremy and I are still best friends. I wish I could say everything's back to normal, but it isn't. I have nightmares of the SQUIP returning.

You probably don't know how it feels to have the one important person who cares about you and doesn't say they wished you'd die hurt you and ignore you. And then you fucking save him and all of society with a fucking soda and Christine started dating him. Like, Christine, he just almost killed you.

Tomorrow, school starts. Senior year. I love summer. Jeremy and I played video games and just hung out all day, everyday.

I wish none of that shit happened. I wish I could start junior year over. I wish Jeremy stopped being a clueless moron about us. I wish he would stop caring about what other people say.

I close my eyes. My red hoodie was tossed to the foot of my bed, and I was slowly slipping into sleep. I'll be a senior tomorrow. I'll be cool to three grades. I still have Jeremy.

Jeremy is enough for me to be happy. I just need him. He's enough. He always has been, and always will be.