Awkward as I'll ever be

Michael POV

I was walking through the hall, tapping my foot to the song pumping through my headphones.

"You suck!" Some kid snapped as I walked past.

"Well, you would know, wouldn't you?" I asked cockily. His face went red and he pulled up his hood.

I really don't care. As long as it's me and not Jeremy, it's fine.

I don't really have come-backs for everything. I just don't care.

I sat next to Jeremy in class. I still remember what was taught, so why should I pay attention?

"Hey, Jeremy, wanna go roller skating tonight?" I asked. He looked as if he were surprised.

"Um, sure..." He mumbled. Usually he's so up to go anywhere with games. I shrugged and went black to not paying attention.

I got out a permanent marker and started drawing on my arm. Why? No fucking clue.

Today's lesson was algebraic expressions. "And when you move the parentheses, it's an associative property. It changes from five times four times a, to a times four times five. If a parenthesis is added that makes what property?" He quizzed.

Really? Nobody knows this? No body was raising their hand. I let out a sigh and raised my hand.

"Distributive." I answered. "Idiots." I mumbled, hardly audible.

"That's right, Michael." The teacher praised.

"Nerd!" Someone did that thing where they cough to pretend to cover up an insult but purposely leave it clear.

"Do you want a tissue or something?" I asked bluntly. He grumbled and looked away.

When it's finally time to go home, I walk with Jeremy to the skating rink. What is up with him?

I grabbed my skates, and Jeremy took his. He watched me lace my shoes, following along sloppily. That's weird.

I stood up. He hugged to wall and yanked himself up.

"Can't you skate?" I asked. Jeremy gulped.

"Of course I can skate!" He defended, grappling the wall, pulling himself along.

"Uh-Huh." I cocked an eyebrow. "Then stop holding onto the wall."

He let go of the wall and fell immediately. I helped him up and smiled. He went back to the wall.

"You can't lie to me, Jeremy. I've known you forever." I told him.

I awkwardly semi-hugged him to keep him standing.

"Like this-" I showed him how to skate, trying to ignore my bright red face as I basically hugged him.

This is the most awkward experience I've ever gone through. Jeremy was shaking.

Eventually he got it. Still awkward because I didn't trust him to skate on his own without falling.

_________

This chapter was inspired by this picture:

By Heere_was_Here on Instagram.