11

Boy, you got me helpless

3rd person POV

After school, Jeremy and Michael played video games before Michael went home.

PlayerTwo: So should I pick you up in the morning

PlayerOne: sure

PlayerOne: I'm a heavy sleeper though.

PlayerOne: You can just let yourself into my room if you want

PlayerTwo: okay

The next morning

Jeremy let himself into Michael's house. "Good morning, Mrs., and Mrs. Mell."

Jeremy opened the door and Michael was passed out on his bed. Jeremy poked Michael, who didn't budge. He kinda shoved him, Michael just rolled over away from the wall.

Jeremy examined Michael's room. There were posters and the wall, a few plushies organized on a shelf. Michael's sigbature hoodie was laying at the end of the bed. He picked it up and looked at Michael sincerely.

"Oooh. I do, I do, I do. Hey! Oooh! I do, I do, I do. Boy, you got me helpless!" He feel back onto the bed. "Look into your eyes and the sky's the limit I'm helpless! Oh, I'm down for the count and I'm drowning in 'em! I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight, we were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night! Laughing at my sister as she's dazzling the room. Then you walked in and my heart went boom!" He sang.

"Tryin to catch your eye from the side of the ballroom, everybody's  dancing at the mhmm-" he number because he didn't know the words-"volume! Ride to the rhythm as we wine and dine! Grab my sister and whisper, 'Hey this one's mine!' ooooh-"

"You're a great singer." Michael commented. Jeremy's face went red.

"I-uh...you should get ready." He threw the hoodie at him. He had never booked it so fast in his life.

Jeremy just waited outside on the side walk, trying to cover his still red face. Rich used his classic sneak-out-the-backdoor-so- nobody-knows-we're-related.

Jeremy was completely red until Michael got out. "We never speak of this again, got it?"

Michael chuckled. "Yes, my Hamil-star."

"Pfft, shut up!" Jeremy nudged him. Just two guys being dudes.

We stopped at 7-11 for slushies, like we used to and because of course we did. Michael got his signature red slushie and Jeremy got blue, his favorite.

So they walked into school, slushie in hand, tongues already the color of their slushies.

They watched a movie in Math, absolutely no one was watching it. Everyone was on their phones.

"You still haven't unblocked me in anything except my phone number." Jeremy pointed out.

"Shit, yeah. You're right." He unblocked him on all nine social media apps. "There."

Lunch

"Wanna go to 7-11?" Michael suggested.

"You both had slushies this morning!" Cassia pointed out.

"Too bad. I want to scream freeze your brain and make everyone in the store worried for my mental health."

"That honestly sounds hilarious and embarrassing at the same time."

So they went to 7-11 to pray at their alter of slush.

"I DON'T LEARN THE NAMES,
DON'T BOTHER WITH FACES! ALL I CAN TRUST IS THIS CONCRETE OASIS! SEEMS EVERY TIME IN ABOUT TO DESPAIR THERE'S A 7-11 RIGHT THEEEERE! EACH STORE IS THE SAME FROM LAS VEGAS TO BOSTON-" Michael screeched.

"That's enough, JD-elightful!" Jeremy said, quoting Thomas Sanders

"I don't want to go back to school." Michael decided.

"Nobody does?" Cassia reminded him.

"But also, we don't have to." Michael realized.

"Yes we do?" Cassia true to be a voice of reason.

"No, I mean we could just go home and-yooooo. Let's all get stoned in my basement."

"That's just your favorite thing to do, isn't it?" Jeremy joked, taking sip of his slushie.

"Top two." Michael raised his eyebrows. Jeremy choked on his slushie.

"You didn't just-"

"I did just."

Anyway, they went all got high. Now for some fun:

They arrived 9th period, still visibly high, but showed up anyway.

"What were you there doing?" A girl named Tara asked.

"Drinking slushies and getting high." Michael answered, deadpan.

"No, I got soda and played video games while you and Jeremy got high." Cassia clarified. Michael stuck his tongue out at cassia immaturely. "Michael got red and Jeremy got blue."

"His tongue is purple."

"Yes it is."

"So are they-"

"High? Yes. Mostly unaware of their actions. Absolutely."

"Okay..."

"Rumors only grow, Tara. And we both know what we know."

Tara realized exactly what Cassia knew.