I dare you

TW

Michael POV

Rich slammed his fists on the table. What is he doing? Jeremy looked startled.

"What do you want, Rich?" I asked bluntly.

"You're doing our homework. Last time I told you to do it you didn't do it. So I'll make sure you do it." He explained. I gave a 'what the fuck are you saying' look and he facepalmed. "You're going to do it at our table so you have to."

I don't trust this. Something else is happening, I'm certain.

Either way we ended up there with all the popular kids' homework in a stack in front of us. Usually they split it among people.

Everyone at the table had a menacing grin. "But like, I'm the best at pool. I could beat anyone and I'll bet on it."

"You couldn't beat me." Brooke challenged. Jake laughed. "We should make a bet." I answered every question easily, because I learned it last year.

"Yeah. If I win, you have to climb to the top of the salad bar. Then sit there. If a teacher asks, say 'It's a protest against chickens not being able to drink cocaine'." Jake said. Well that isn't specific at all!

"That sounds like something a drunk person would do. I'm in. But if I win? You and Rich have to make out." Brook smiled. Rich turned bright red. Jake was hardcore blushing, but knew she wouldn't let him forget if he refused.

"F-fine!" He agreed.

"Uh, no! No offense, Jake, but Brook could literally beat anyone! Including you!" Rich tried to put a stop to it. Brook wouldn't have that. And Jake wouldn't be told he could be beaten.

"What? I can totally beat her! I'll win the bet, no problem." He decided.

"I do not agree to this! I'm involved and I get a say!" Rich established.

"Chicken." Chloe challenged. Oh please, like he's going to dignify a playground taunt-

"Fine!" Rich grumbled. I chuckled. Really? "What's so funny?"

"You seriously dignified playground taunts with a response? Congratulations. You are stupid." Rich glared at me.

"Wow. Anti-social headphones kid knows big words. Impressive." He mocked.

"Sorry." I shrugged. "Giving a fuck is no longer part of my brand." Everyone stared at me like I just transformed into a giraffe or something.

"Well you seem to be giving fucks to Jeremy..." Jake muttered. Of course they all laughed at that.

"I don't give a shit about your opinion. You simply do not matter to me, so nothing you say matters to me." They all seemed confused that someone could make a clapback seem elegant.

"I'm sorry, what? What the fuck happened that you suddenly know exactly what to say in every situation?" Jeremy whispered. I shrugged.

"What are you saying?" Everyone looked like a living Lenny face.

"Just discussing why all of you are dumbasses-"

"That's not what we were talking about-"

"Jeremy. Let me handle this."

Jeremy puffed and went back to the work.

"Okay, Wait. We got totally off topic on what we were talking about." Brook realized. What?

"Oh yeah. We were gonna do the thing." Jake nodded.

"So who's top and who's bottom?" Chloe asked.

"Excuse me, what?" I stared her down. This is what I get for messing with the timeline. "Rich, what the fuck?"

"Why are you asking him?" Jenna asked. I'm not gonna tell her. I promised.

"Like I'd tell you!" I told her. She cocked an eyebrow but shrugged. "And Jeremy and I are not together!" No matter how much I wish we were...

I glanced over at Jeremy. He was completely red and had his head shoved into his arms.

"Well you should be." Jake shrugged. "Truth or dare?"

"What are we? Sixth graders?" I rolled my eyes. "Oh well. Truth."

"Do you have a crush on Jeremy? You have to tell the truth." Jake reminded me.

"I choose dare." I decided, blushing. Jake laughed.

"Perfect. I dare you to kiss Jeremy." He dared.

I flat out laughed. "You really-pffft-you think I would do that for a dare?" I choked out through laughter.

"Chickennn..." Jake challenged. This has no effect on me.

"Like I said, only a fool would dignify playground taunts with a response." I stated. Rich seemed kind of offended.

"You have to. If you don't take the dare, I get to write 'coward' on your forehead." Jake decided. "And you can't just leave. Because I'll still do so."

I grumbled. "I hate you so much." Jeremy looked like a mix of happiness and fear, but the fear was so powerful it was hard to tell he was at all happy.

I kissed him on the cheek quickly and Jeremy and I were completely blushing red. I stared into Jake's soul.

"I hate you. And I'm going to get back at you one way or another. You won't know when, you won't know how. But I'll get back at you." I threatened, leaving the table.

That was pretty extreme, but he ruined it! First kisses are supposed to be romantic, not forced by some sixth grader game!

Jeremy POV

His refusal to answer that truth was enough to tell me he liked me. Does he?

Jake ruined everything! Seriously! God, Michael is amazing at it, but seriously!

I got up and followed Michael back to our table. "I've gotta use the bathroom." I dismissed myself.

"Okay. I'll just be plotting revenge and making threatening eye contact with Jake." He explained before giving Jake a death glare.

3rd person POV (if you know my books, you'll know that isn't a good sign)

Jeremy closed the door of the stall. Everything that just happened rushed to his head.

His breathing got heavier. Soon, Jeremy was gasping for breath. His vision blurred.

"Hey, Jeremy? You okay? They just dismissed us-oh god, what's happening to you?" Michael shoved the door open to see Jeremy, barely breathing on the floor.

Michael crouched down next to his best friend. No, no, no! I shouldn't have messed with the timeline!

Michael attempted to calm him down by rubbing his back. Jeremy's breathing eased a little.

"Jeremy! Are you okay? Jeremy?" Michael helped his friend up.

"I'm-I'm Okay now." Jeremy decided breathily. Michael hugged his friend tightly.

"Jake's gonna pay for this! Even if it's the last thing I do!" Michael let go of his friend.

"It's really not-" Jeremy attempted to calm his angered friend down. Attempted.

_______
A/N

Jeez this took a while to make! Sorry...