1- Nightmare of the Past

Chapter 1- Nightmare of the Past

Nevaeh's POV

"Nev, baby...get up! We got to go...come on!" I woke to my momma's urgent calls, gently rocking me to get me up. It's currently midnight, momma's angelic face was painted with worry and fear.

"What's wrong mamma?" My question was ignored as my mother lift me out of the bed and place me securely on her hips.

Mamma rushed down the stairs and out the door in a hurry not faltering once with my weight. Mamma followed the path towards the pack house before sniffing the air and took an abrupt turns into the woods.

"What's going on, mamma?" This time my question was answered.

"The pack is under a rouge attack. We are going to meet up with your father." She answered, looking around alertly and picked up her pace.

"B-but what about Zay?" I tried to sound calm but the worry for my brother overpower in my voice.

"Your dad already brought to the safe house." Mamma smile reassuringly, it bring me comfort to know big bro was already safe.

Up ahead I saw papa's figure coming towards us and released a sigh of relief. We meet at the clearing Papa immediately examine our bodies for injuries.

"Let's go-" Papa was cut off by a growl behind us, as gently as possible papa pushed us out of the way before leaping in the air and landing on all four. Papa was a little bigger than average wolves due to been a beta but smaller than a alpha wolf.

A midnight black wolf stood away from Papa in a growling match. He was bigger than papa's light brown wolf, I think he is an alpha wolf. Silence filled the air as they seemingly glared at each other before all chaos break loose. Blood splatter on surrounding flowers while growls of anger and pain filled the air while they try to get piece of each other. Mamma and I stood there shocked trying our best to comprehend the change of events.

Papa whimpering in pain seen to break mamma out of her trance and she released a deafening growl but it went unnoticed by both males.

"I need you to do something for mamma, I need you to run." Mamma out me down with my back facing the fight.

"I don't want to leave you!" Tears flood down my cheeks at the thought of leaving them.

"I know, I know but I need you to get help. Can you do that, huh?" I silently nod my head and she pulled me into a tight hug and place a kiss on my head.

"We love you both, now run!" I love you. I focus on the task ahead and run as fast as my little feet can carry me, I need to get help.

I didn't reach far before pain spread through my right calf and I tumble to the ground. The pain increase as sharp canines sink deeper into my leg and a ear shattering scream could be heard followed by a growl. Mamma's dark brown wolf knocked the rouge off me and stand protectively over my small 5 years old frame.

Mamma growl at the wolf and he growled right back. Mamma's wolf is an average sized she wolf explaining why she is half the rouges size. Though I knew mamma wouldn't back down which is what is worrying me.

They charge toward each other clawing biting at each other I wanted to scream for them to stop this but I couldn't. I couldn't speak or move but I couldn't look away either, I was frozen.

They continued to attack each other before the rouge gain the upper hand and aimed for her neck, the kill. Mamma's wolf was covered in cuts and blood matted her fur. At the last moment papa's severely injuries wolf jumped in front of mamma taking the deadly blow and fall lifeless to the ground. The rouge's momentum didn't faltering and immediately ripped out mamma's throat.