8- Trial

Chapter 8- Trail

Nevaeh's POV

"Get up, you're trial is starting now." Devardio ordered, I gathered his name over the time he was on guarding shifts.

He supported my weight bringing me out of my dark enclosure. "Trial for what?"

"The death of your brother, our late beta." He answered, looking ahead to navigate us out the dungeon.

"But why is that involved with my trial?" I asked beyond confused.

"You are under the suspicion of infiltrating with rouges and Beta Zander's death." What? he's my brother why would I ever even think of harming him in such a way of no return, this is ludicrous.

He lead me to the field purposed for these trials, pack members were seated in their seats on either side creating a walk path between. Ahead there were two small platforms away from each other just big enough for a person. Directly in front was a seat for the Alpha and beside are seats for the elders.

I was chained to a bolt in the platform, the cuffs were irritating on. Devardio retreated to where the warriors stand guard and the noise quiet down when the Alpha and elders took their seat. My legs wobbled but pulled myself together.

"Let the trial begin." Alpha Rowen announced, his blonde hair gel back and brown eyes cold.

"Ms Darkhart where were you at 6:30 on the night of the attack." He read off the paper before making eye contact with me, quickly I bowed my head.

"I'm not sure Alpha, I could have been sleeping or at the battle field." How was I to know that?! I jumped out of my bed and went running out the door!

"Why would you sleeping at a time like that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"We had went out celebrating my birthday and I was exhausted I fell asleep in the car, sir."

"Weren't you made aware of the ongoing Battle?"

"No Alpha." Why would they? They never cared to talk to me or Mind link me.

"Luca did you mindlink Ms Darkhart of the battle?"

"No, Alpha." At least he was honest, I really expected to lie.

"How is it you arrived at the battle if you weren't aware of it?"

"I was sharply awaken by a faint voice-"

"Voice?" An elder interrupted me to inquire about the voice.

"A mindlink. I felt a gut feeling that something was wrong and our link was really weak. I followed it and it lead me to that clearing to- to." My voice started to wobble and a clenched my hands behind me.

"Ms Darkhart, did you associate with the rouges in attacking our pack and late Beta?" He asked seriously, I snapped my head.

"No, of course not! I would never harm my brother like that!" I shouted out, I slightly gasped when I realised I was staring directly in his eyes before dropping eye contact and muttered, "I hadn't seen a rogue for ten years before that night."

"Bring the rouge." Two guards carried out a man on to the next platform.

My eyes widen, my heart began to race and my breathing came out ragged. Fury lit my blood a blaze at the sight of the monster. I wanted to go after him but the chains just rattled and hold it's ground. He flashed me a sneaky smirk that no one but me saw.

"What is your name?" Alpha started questioning him, why is he here and not dead? Wait they had knocked me out before I hand my hands on him and still didn't end his life yet. Don't they normally kill rouges after a night or so.

"Andrew James." He said calmly, all traits of the monster contained. He would have fooled me.

"Did you ever interact with Ms Darkhart before the night of the attack?" Are they really gonna trust or even consider this man's words.

"Yes, six months prior to the attack."

"What was her goal?"

"She wanted to assume the Beta position and her brother was in the way of that." He says calmly with no pause, no voice waver.

"That's not true!!" I was angered by this monster lying of me in such a manner.

"How did she aid you in preparing the attack?"

"She had given us a map of the land and inform us as to when the patrol shifts are. She also told us in details the outlay of the territory." What?! I don't even know where the places on the territory are myself!!

"Why do you confess?" Alpha Rowen narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

"Because you offered me life sir, this is a second chance I don't want to let slip by." He was a damn good actor and everyone seems to be eating it up whole by the whispers erupting.

"What you have said is it true?" Alpha Rowen used his Alpha command that no lower rank can disobey.

Doesn't he know it's not going to work?! He's an alpha!! My eyes widened and I let out a choked gasp snapping my head to him. Why didn't I notice this earlier? His aura had lessen to a regular wolf, he had drawn in his aura. It was a difficult technique but it can be done and he knew how to.

He met eye contact with the Alpha and as though it worked, he acted," Yes Alpha, I've only said the truth."

"No! He is lying! He's the man who orchestrated this, he kill mama and papa and now Zander!" I shouted pulling against the chains, tears coming to surface at this frustrating event.

"You oath to stop lying, the alpha command can not be disobey." Another elder reprimanded in disgust.

"It's not true, he's an Alpha that wouldn't work on him and the alpha command is not absolute it can be disobeyed!" I rushed out, no he can't be set free like this.

"Don't be foolish child! The alpha command is only not effective on the same rank or higher! It is obvious by his aura that he is a regular wolf." Another elder stated angrily.

"No he is reeling in his aura!" I tried to convince them but elders are always stuck in the past and are extremely stubborn to this out of tradition and norm.

"That is not possible! It's by time you stop that lying tongue of yours."

"I'm not lying!!!" I roared.

"Silence!" He used alpha command once again, since they don't believe me I'll just have to show them.

"No!" I yelled staring directly into his eyes, gasped followed. I just disobey the alpha command, his eyes widened.

"Tell me! Tell me my aura that you sense." Another set of gasp followed, no one had really taken notice to it.

"How can this be? You have the aura of an omega!" The only female elder spoked shocked, I had been reeling in my aura for 5 years now.

Wolves shifted at ten but I shifted at fifteen because of my beta blood, the higher the rank the longer you take to shift. Still I had being growing stronger since the age of ten then my brother taught me the technique. I brought it down to omega because it is more unnoticed because of how weak it is, I don't even know what my true aura is like because it's been so long.