2- I wish

Chapter 2-  I wish

Nevaeh's POV

My brother stood before me with a red handprint across the face. Anger lit my chest ablaze, sending sparks through my body. No one touches my brother but before I could fully turn around him, Zander spread his arms stopping me from continuing.

"With all due respect alpha, my sister hasn't uttered a word in nine years. Why would you think she'd start now?" Zander totally brushed off the fact that Luca hit him.

"I- Remember your place, Beta Zander." He responded, walking away with slut queen and the other idiots.

Zander turned to me and captured me in a warm hug, "You'll be the death of me one day." He laughed out.

"One more day before your birthday and my lil' sis will be 15." He started, "time sure does fly." He sighed out.

Is he going to ignore the fact that Luca just slapped him? He knew I would have just taken the slap, there was no need for him to hurt himself. I gripped his hoodie tightly and buried my face into his chest breathing in his calming scent. If they ever so much as touch him in the wrong way again whether intentionally or accidentally, even though it's most likely the latter, I don't know what I'll do. Thankfully they only have a grudge against me and not my brother.

"Come on, let's go to class." He breathed out, gently grasped my hand and lead us to our math class.

Even though he's 18 and I'm 14, we shared the same classes, I didn't plan on separating from my brother anytime soon and that included school. Determined, I studied hard and learn everything I needed, then I was able to skip few grades. The teachers and principal weren't happy about it but they couldn't find a reason to hold me back. I would have reached here one way or another, I wasn't going to leave my brother's side, only death had such power and even that I will fight against with all I've to stay by Zander's side.

"Mr Darkhart, you are late." As usual Mr Crige, ignored my presence along with every other teacher. Thankfully none mess with my grades so I have no problem with them.

Zander ignored him and everyone else in the class and head straight for our seats at the back of the class. I kept my head down and played with Zay's fingers in an attempt to keep my mind from wandering. Having a really short attention span could be bothersome at times.

Zay abruptly stopped and clenched his arm, I looked up to find what was his source of agitation but his wide back blocked my view. Snickers started but was seized from one very scary and angry look from Zay.

"Where is her chair? And who wrote all this?" His thick voice rang through the class but no one answered.

"Mr Darkhart, please have a seat so I can continue with my class." Sir said politely, not caring about my situation.

Zay was ready to voice something I knew was not going to be an agreement, I squeezed his arm. He stopped and grunted unhappily and took his seat behind where mine would have been.

"Thank you, so class we will..." Sir began his lesson, turning to write on the board.

I went to stand beside Zay and leaned my back against the wall but he wasn't having it. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, I lost my balance and fell into his lap. I made a move to get up but he grabbed his desk to cage me in.

"Stay, I will not have you standing for one hour and forty-five minutes and we both know you wouldn't let me stand and you sit." He grumbled, narrowing his eyes on my desk.

I turned to see what he was narrowing his eyes at, my desk was covered in markings, insults varying from slut to parent killer. Tears gathered in my eyes at the last memory of my parents. They were taken from us in such a horrible and gruesome way. I would never forget the wolf responsible for it, never.

"Mr Darkhart, lap sitting is inappropriate in class and is not allowed." Hmm since when did he care, students always did it in his class and he never said anything.

"So?" Zay wasn't even looking at him, he was adjusting me in his lap so I was cradled in his left arm like a baby but I didn't mind, he's very comfortable.

"You will need to remove her from your lap." He said flatly, the whole class' attention was on us. I'm thankful for the oversized hoodie to obscure my face from their prying eyes, though Zay made me left my cap in the car.

"Then get her a damn chair." He growled, his chest vibrated beneath my hand and head, almost lulling me to sleep, I curled my feet onto his lap and closed my eyes.

"She has two hands and feet, she can use them." Philip Crige was the mate of our gamma, Savannah Grand. He was also a human or else he wouldn't even dare to look at his beta like this.

Zay's body relaxed, he raised a brow before releasing a chuckle then proceed to completely ignore the dude. The chuckle was dark and made his chest vibrated, effectively putting me to sleep.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..." I smiled, as mamma, Papa and Zay Zay sang Happy birthday.

I'm finally 5 now, I will soon be a big girl and don't have to eat those vegetables to eat sweets. I just realized for one week Zay Zay is only three years older than me but still, in one week he will again be four years old than me.

This year it was just us celebrating my birthday as I asked, I didn't want a party. I wanted it to just be us this year. Mamma and papa said it was fine so that's what we did. Zay Zay said it didn't matter it was my special day. He was the bestest big brother I could ever have. He always played car race with me and dollhouse and even played dress-up. Though he always wanted to dress me up as a princess, I always picked to be a warrior while he was a prince. I will always protect him. He would laugh and say I will always be his warrior princess no matter what.

Mamma and papa would play sometimes but they are busy most of the time so I always love those few times. Zay Zay would always help me when I fall and give me candy when I don't cry saying I'm a big girl. I get a lot of candies.

"Blow out the candles, Nev." Zay Zay patted my head, I love when he does that.

"Ok!!" I grinned up at him, showcasing my missing tooth.

"Remember to make a wish!" Mamma smiled, Papa's arms were wrapped around her.

I nodded and close my eyes and my face lit up with a toothy smile. With that, I made my wish to the Moon Goddess. Zay Zay helped me cut the cake, this time I got a large piece since it was my birthday. I giggled taking a bite but Zay Zay wasn't planning on taking his eyes off me. When I eat sweets I get hyper so I would get one for the day or a small slice of cake.

'I wish we will always be together, forever.'