4- Promise

Chapter 4- Promise

Nevaeh's POV

Following the link, I cut into the forest. I haven't shift yet or anything, that was supposed to be tonight near midnight couple hours from now when I officially turn 15 but oddly I was able to mindlink. Though the last time I mindlinked was years ago on my eleventh birthday. I pushed potentially dangerous branches out my way running at full speed which was on par to that of a shifted wolf, once again weird but I am grateful for it at this moment that I was so fast.

Growls and whimpers greeted my ears, my mind flash back to the painful memory of my last moment with papa. I came to a heart achingly familiar clearing, the clearing from ten years ago. I had avoid coming here, it resurfaced too many painful memories but I have to ignore it for Zay.

It was chaos, a battle field decorated with blood and corpses. The pack warriors were fighting against rogues I presume. I scanned the clearing searching for my brother, I knew he was here he was the beta and this is where the bond lead me. Sibling's bond never go wrong.

It felt like ice cold water was thrown on me, I ran towards the fallen body bleeding out on the ground. Please don't be him, please! His familiar face was clear and I fell beside him. No no no! Not again please not again!

"Let me see you one last time." He pleaded, coughing up blood. I pushed off the hood and pleaded him with my teary eyes. Don't leave me!

"You are so beautiful you look just like ma, promise me you will start living your life." He pushed out, I nodded resting my hand on his belly trying to avoid the bleeding wound in his chest.

"Say it."

"I promise." I spoked, for the first time in years I actually heard my voice and talked to Zander. Tears rushed rivalling the strongest rush of a waterfalls.

"Sing for me." It's being years since he heard me sing and it just fueled my tears. We were in our own world, one that was ending and I couldn't handle the aching in my chest, ripping me inside out.

His half lidded eyes, smiled up at me like he wasn't dying in my arms and we were at a picnic with our parents again. I cleared my throat, trying to clear away the boulder in my throat.

Cover my eyes,
Cover my ears,
Tell me these words are a lie,
It can't be true,

"This little bitch this isn't a concert." A rough hand grabbed hold of my hair pulling me from Zander.

That I'm losing you,
The sun can not fall from the sky,

I grabbed the hand twisting, continuing the song, I didn't care who came after me I will continue the song. Zander wants to hear it and I will do as he wishes. The ache in my chest just continue intensifying, tears were falling with no intent of stopping.

Can you hear heaven's cry,
Tears of an angel,
Tears of an angel,

I turned and with no hesitation I slammed the attacker on the ground using his weight against him and crushed the rogue's jugular with my foot.

Tears of an angel,
Tears of an angel...

My voice faded when I felt the emptiness, I slowly turned to Zander afraid of what I might see. His body laid motionless in it's place, Mama's body flash in my mind. They died the same place, but then Papa's body flashed acrossed my mind too. The world faded, the sound of the chilling wind faded, leaving me in a dark space with only their bodies before alternating between each getting faster and faster with it the piercing ache in my chest intensifies.

My head threw back on it's own, my deafening heart aching screams filled the night sky. The pain got stronger, my tears flowed hard and my screams got higher.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!" I clawed at my chest trying to get rid of the ache, my eyes weren't focus. All I could feel was pain, all I could hear was stillness and all I could see was these painful memories.

At the last moment papa's severely injured wolf jumped in front of mamma taking the deadly blow and fall lifeless to the ground. The rouge's momentum didn't falter and immediately ripped out mamma's throat.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" The heart wrenching scream cut through my throat after a minute of see my mamma's eyes slowly loose it life and papa's lifeless wolf. I watched their bodies morphed back to human but my scream only got louder.

"AHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHH AHHHHH!!!" My vision was blurry but the memory, their bodies and this clenching pain was definitely not.

Why! Why must I lose him too. Please take me not him please please. I beg you please don't take him from me please! He was the only thing I had left, why does this have to happen. First my parents, now Zander no no no no. Please no I'll give anything, anything!! I begged and begged even if I was screaming on the outside, I was still begging to whoever can hear me on the inside but they turned a blind eye. Cast away my feelings like nothing more than an annoying pest.

A laugh broke throw my pain filled haze, that familiar evil laugh. I have heard it before and I heard it once again. I swallowed trying to catch my breath, I scanned the faces surrounding me that were all focused on me. A tall man, roughly 6'1 with coal black hair like his heart, chilling blue eyes and a malicious sadistic smirk graced his plump lips. He may be gorgeous but to me he looks nothing less of a monster.

"Yes child scream, it's music to my ears before I end your pitiful life." Blue eyes glowed with pure enjoyment.

I couldn't focus on his words, screams continued ripping from my throat as I stared at Mama's and Papa's naked corpse.

"You." I growled, I heard and felt something snapped. Anger and hatred rained into my eyes like blood painting my skin.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh." A scream ripped out from my mouth but this time from the snapping of my bones despite that I couldn't take my eyes of the monster before me, mere feet away.

"Shifting for the first time and a preshift, that's got to be really painful." He laughed, he was right it was really painful but it still couldn't match the pain I feel from losing everyone I love at the hands of this monster.

His laugh was filled with so much joy like he was truly entertained, "What you gonna do? It's your first shift you won't even know how to walk much less fight, pup." He grinned, I growled before the snapping of my legs made me buckle.

The shift was early and happening too fast. I might die from this, people rarely survive preshifts much less one this fast. My body won't be able to adapt so quickly. No! That monster killed everything I held dear, he killed mama. He killed papa and he killed Zander. I may not have anyone to live for, no I do. I have to live for Zander, I made a promise and I will fullfil it to the best of my abilities but here and now I make a promise to myself. I promise I will kill him before I take my last breath. Another scream ripped out of me.

"Now don't die, pup. I can't bring you to him dead." He chuckled, crouching over my withering form. Why the pack in such a stupor. Everyone just stand still watching me.