15- You have Children

Chapter 15- You have Children

Nevaeh's POV

"Whoever wants to leave, you have one month with the exceptions of the high ranks." My clear voice resounded through the quiet field.

"For those who remain although everything happened fast, it will take time to adjust. Respect is earned and as of such I do not expect genuine respect but I hope we all have an understanding of our places." No one voiced a complaint after all they were still comprehending to the sudden changes.

"I will return in a week, I hope everyone will adjust by then." I examined all those present before clearly uttering my next words. "I do not appreciate betrayal or underhand tricks. If caught I will show no mercy, asking for compassion would be a mistake for I have no heart nor time to spare."

I settled my gaze on the gamma, "Whoever follows me I will return your body to your families in pieces." I didn't spare them a second more and spun to my car.

I floored the accelerator and sped out of the territory. Time passed and I came off the pack lands before slowing the car to a stop. I stepped onto the asphalt and popped open the trunk.

"Axe? Machete? Bat-" I can't get blood on my clothes or the humans will suspect something.  I can't go back on my promise either. The sound of rushing water greeted my ears, there seems to be a water source nearby. I can always wash up there.

I leisurely started stripping my clothes and threw them in the trunk, of course, my undergarments were still in place. It's not necessary to remove them and it's quite painful to run without a bra.

I started heading into the forest in the direction of the rushing water. It took a good five-minute walk. I'm surprised I was able to hear it. I appreciate the beauty of the small waterfall that sparkled in the minimal light that crept through the hovering branches.

Jumping in, I allowed the cold water to embrace my being before diving downstream. The usual chirping of birds was quiet after the sensing of a predator. I carefully pushed my head above water and sucked in quiet breaths.

Assessing my surroundings before I crawled out of the water into the forests. I made my way back upstream silently, enjoying the smell of nature. I stopped to where I was originally and made myself comfortable, leaning against a tree.

"Where could she have gone?"

"Who goes swimming with a mask on?"

"Stop your yapping and carefully check the surrounding areas for her. She most likely knew we were tailing her." A man in his late thirties stated, he seems to be the wise one in the trio.

"Impossible, our tracking abilities were only second to Elder Moore." One of the brunettes softly disagreed, he gave off a cute innocent boy look that would make one want to dote and protect him.

"Just follow instructions and find her." Honestly, they aren't bad at this. If it wasn't for my ability to cloak myself they would've found me long ago.

I took up a fallen branch a distance away from me and held it firmly in my hand. The brunette opened his mouth to say something more but didn't get the chance when I threw the branch. The other two eyes widen in horror and shock as the young man fell with the branch projecting through his mouth and head.

"He's too chatty." I threw out a reason as I stepped into view.

The silent brunette stepped back, I blinked at his fearful eyes before a rare smile crept upon my lips. "What's wrong now? I clearly stated no one will return in one piece if they follow me."

"How can you smile like you're not talking about taking our lives?" He looked at me like he was wronged, I raised a brow at him.

"Alec, be careful." The wise brunette never once took his eyes off me from they landed on my small frame.

My face returned to its usual expression as I broke their necks, knocking them into unconsciousness. Their wolves so it won't kill them, they will heal within half an hour. I dragged the bodies to the car and placed the dead one in the trunk and the other two in the backseat.

I head back to the pack at a more leisurely pace than before. Upon entering the open area before the packhouse, there was still a gathering of people frantically discussing something. The crowd hushed at the sight of my vehicle.

The trackers should awake soon. I pulled the truck open and the body rolled out, I stepped back to avoid my shoe getting bloody. I grab the cardboard and bags I used to prevent the blood from soiling the trunk.

"Bring the families of the trackers you sent after me," I commanded the gamma, closing the trunk and pulling out the other two.

She hesitated before sending someone to get them after she saw my firm gaze. A woman pushed through the crowd the next second looking at the dead body in anguish.

"My baby!!!" She wailed, clutching his corpse to her chest. "What happened to my baby?!"

"I killed him."

"You." She growled carefully, glaring at me with all her might. Expectedly, she lunged herself at me in aggression. "This all your doing!"

I dodged her useless attacks, "Blame your gamma, she sent him after I directly said to her I will deliver them in pieces to their family. That reminds me." I steadily stated before knocking the she-wolf to the ground and began ripping the limbs of the corpse.

"I fulfilled my promise." The mother gazed at the pieces of her son with empty eyes. "We'll schedule a proper burial on my return for your son."

That was a bit cruel but I did say I would return them in pieces. A young brunette came from the crowd huffing with two women begin him. The two trackers groaned opening their eyes and examine dazedly the familiar faces.

I frowned at the enlarged womb of a blonde that was probably in her late teens early twenties and a brunette with two pups by her side. "You have children."

I growled before addressing the crowd, "I do not like talking much less repeating myself so this will be the first and last. Do not follow me, betray, or play underhand tricks."

I left the pack for the second time today and head to the diner. I had already washed up at the waterfall before going to pack so it saved me another trip.

I entered the diner and a little ball of flesh latched onto me. "You came back."

"Thank you, Madeline."

"No problem, hun. The little nugget is welcomed here anytime, he's such a well-behaving kid but today he was especially down and refused to eat or drink." I looked down at the head of black hair.

"Is that true?" The little body stiffened then his tummy rumbled loudly he reluctantly nodded.

"The usual, we'll stay a little while," I ordered our usual meal and took a seat at our regular table.