11- Kidnapping

Chapter 11- Kidnapping

Nevaeh's POV

Today is my last day of working at the diner so I wanna be here all day. I'm opening the business tomorrow and need to give it my full attention though I'll be here most the times to eat actually all the time because of the big blunt fact that I can not and I mean absolutely unable cook for my life.

If I was held at gun point and the only way to live was to cook a meal it doesn't even have to be tasty, I would die after they take one look. Any food I make turn into poison, anything I don't know why, I don't know how it just does. Thankfully though, it's not the same for make my products or wouldn't know what to do. Though I can bake, really well actually but just no cooking for me unless you want to die.

I remembered the one time I cooked for Zander and the result didn't look good or smell right, I followed each instruction and measurements even Zander told my what to do. I made exactly how he does down to every flick of the pot yet it turned out into that horror.

Now Zander isn't the brother to smile while freaking out inside and then eat it and lie that it taste good and thank goddess too or he would be dead, you know long befire. Nope he bluntly say "I'm not eating that it look like it is groaning in pain." Yes that's his exact words.

Then he got a taste tester, the birds in the back that we're always ruining his plants. Yes my brother can be very grudgeful,  at times. He went out near the woods and scope some on the ground and return after a couple minutes the birds thought it was safe to engage. 

It didn't work out well for them, after one swallow they dropped dead instantly. Zander was jumping for joy that he got rid of the annoying birds but I felt horrible and so awful for an entire week. Almost made Zander eat that.

Anyways, my shift was over but I still planned to stay and help out. I was cleaning the table a customer just used when the bell ring indicating someone entered. Their scent greeted me before I could see them. Rogues.

There were four of them, they don't seem to be related in the slightest maybe companions. Usually when I see rogues here on the rare occasions I don't think nor care much of it but these rogues were suspicious.

There was a strong scent of children on them. Children scent are sweet then slowly refines into a more mature and soft scent as they grow. It's normal for a rogue to have a child or even children but this is the scent of humans.

I acted quickly before they detected me and retract my aura until it is as weak as a human. They came in with their boisterous laughter and grabbed a table for four at the back. Ashlin passed me heading towards them, I clasped her hand.

"Don't worry, I'll take this one." I muttered, retrieving my notepad from my apron pocket.

"You sure?" She smiled, I nodded in return.

"I'll be your waitress today, how may I take your order?" I asked steadily and politely, why I take a job that I will have to talk so much is beyond me.

One whistled looking at my ass, "That's fine piece of meat." He remarked before looking at my breasts, smirking his ass off.

"I'm sorry, sir. I know I'm short but I'm not that short, my eyes are up here." I simply stated, opening my notepad.

"I will give you gentlemen some time to look over the menu. Also today we have a two hamburger combo, I do recommend that." I ended, walking to another table.

*********

The bell rang, this time the rogues were leaving, "Madeline sorry, I have to go."

"No problem dear, your shift ended long ago anyways." She grinned, I rushed and changed the fastest time in my life and head out the back.

I quickly followed their scent to the front, they were walking along the sidewalk laughing. They seem like four normal men, if it weren't for the scent of children and it definitely didn't help that two children went missing two days ago. I stayed a far distance from them, I didn't have to worry about losing them since the town didn't have much turns or corners.

I've being following them for twenty minutes now, they were heading in the direction of where my store was built. A minute away from it they cut into the woods. I quickly but quietly followed their trail left by their scent.

Just thirty minutes off the road, they stopped at a campsite with two other rogues. I stayed at a safe spot in the tree's with a perfect view of them. I am not careless, I had concealed my aura and scent, it's a lower technique to controlling one's aura.

There were two kids bounded together on a tree near them. Poor kids looked absolutely terrified, if I remember correctly they are siblings: brother and sister. There was no way I could get them out unnoticed so that's not an option, I guess I don't have any options. Only thing I can do is fight them head on.

Honestly, for rogues who are kidnapping kids, they don't seem to be on guard and why the hell they laugh so much?! What's there in this cruel world to be so freaking funny about. It was pissing me off how they were laughing and eating joyously while two children were tied near them trembling and crying in fear.

"Shut up, you little spoiled brat." A shaggy blonde hair guy growled, he seem to be in charge here.

"You think, Andrew will want them." A brunette mused, looking at the kids that looked barely over 10.

"Well that is not our problem, he said bring children. He can make them either fighters or food."

"But Andrew also want pups." Another with black hair inputs. Andrew, are they talking Andrew James? Well only one way to find out.

I climbed down the tree and made myself known. The brunette was the first to see me, "What are you doing out here all alone little girl?"

"Hey, aren't you the chick from the diner?" The brunette who had made a remark about my body asked, he stood walking towards me.

"Get rid of her, Albert." Blondie ordered, glancing towards the kids who had started making noises.

"Maybe we can have some fun with her before." Albert smirked, twirling a lock of my silver hair.

"Kids close your eyes."

I stared, blankly up at him before taking hold of his hand gently at first before crushing his wrist in and instant, shattering the bones beyond healing. Fluidly, I dropped his hand striking his chest directly over the heart with great force. It send him flying back into a tree, he laid motionless at it's root. His head lolled to the side, blood running from his open mouth and his eyes remain wide open.