7- Revenge

Chapter 7- Revenge

Nevaeh's POV

Few days passed, maybe a week I don't know, I'm never conscious of time. This nightmare seems so long and it's slowly driving me insane; did Zander overslept today or something?

Everything here felt all too real, from the gentle wind to the dirt under my nails to Zander's death but I know that's just a mere nightmare that I want to wake from.

"Nevaeh, where is your brother?" This was the daily question I think, I only assume they ask once a day.

"He overslept." Silence met my ears then retreating footsteps. I tightened the grip on my folded arms that are shielding my face.

I looked in surprise at the sound of footsteps, they never return until noon to give me what they assume was lunch. I glimpsed Luca's frame through the small space between my arms. I sat in silence waiting for what torment he had prepared and he stood there, his clothes blending in with the darkness with his hands buried in his pockets. At first glance, you would be frightened out of your shoes thinking it's a floating head.

"I have someone or something to show you." I remained in my position, my small body huddling in the dark corner.

"Guards, remove her chains and bring her with me." I still didn't react to his deep demanding voice. I like him, he's really mean.

Two well-built men unlocked the cell and the chains that decorated my ankles when I was brought back from his office. They each gripped my arm and lifted me onto my feet, they give out from not using them and lack of blood flow. They catched me before I roughly greeted the floor and held me more securely before carrying me out after their future alpha.

What does he even want to show me? I really don't care, I will forget this when I wake up anyways. I have to admit this was a weird nightmare, I went to sleep and wake in a cell with people telling me my brother was dead.

I zoned back to my surroundings, Luca stood out in the open tapping his foot impatiently. When he caught sight of us he turned and head towards the -actually I'm not sure where we going- after few minutes we came to the pack's hospital but we didn't enter instead Luca disregarded the building and head towards the back.

Behind there was a smaller building I didn't know the existence of. He opened the door, flashing me a look before strolling throw the entrance with the two guards carrying me behind. Inside smelled harshly of death and staled blood, a sickening smell combined.

We were in a morgue, I didn't think the pack had one but then the mind was a mysterious place. We walked down an empty hall with only our footsteps to be heard before we entered a room at the end. Inside stood a male dressed in a lab coat and gloves with a clipboard in hand.

"Is it done?" Luca inquired the ginger-haired man.

"Yes, sir. The body is ready." He walked across the room inspecting the numbers on the draws I think before releasing a triumphant noise and pulled out a draw.

"Come," Luca demand me, I hesitated, the guards gave me a little push towards him.

I nervously walked to him where he stood beside the open draw. I don't like this. I stopped close enough to him and peered up at him through my lashes, fumbling with my fingers. This place makes me uncomfortable and the stench was repulsive.

"It's about time you accept reality and stop pushing away your memories." He stated in a hard voice, pushing away my memories?

The doctor, I presume pulled the white sheet away revealing a body, Zander's body. My eyes widened, my mouth gaping with the breath knocked out of me. What how could it be? How did he die? When did this happen? No no no he wouldn't leave me? My mind raced miles an hour trying to recover the answer and like that the memories came at me mercilessly.

I remembered it all: the attack, Zander's death, my forced shift and the bloodbath before I was knocked unconscious. My head ached in torment, my gum hurt harshly as my canines forced their way out. I fell backward onto the cold floor, my eyes wide staring onto the pale ceiling just like Zander's pale cold body.

I heard the crack before I felt it, my body was forcing a shift again from the pain and anguish I'm feeling from Zander's death. It was worst than a nightmare all along. A nightmare was awful, uncomfortable and downright terrifying but it was worst than that; This was reality something I can never wake from.

"Get the syringe, she's shifting!" I was to always stay by his side, I was to always be his little sister forever but now his dead. I felt another crack somewhere along my body, it was painful but I didn't care about the physical pain.

He was done, dead. The last motivation for me to open my eyes every morning and breathe was gone. Why am I still here? The ceiling became blurry by the tears, my mouth wide open but not a sound came out.

"Where's the syringe already?!" A whimpered released from me, my shift was already halfway through but all that was on my mind was my brother.

He died, no he was murder by that monster. I gritted my teeth my stare sharpening into a glare.

"...promise me you will start living your life."

Right, I made a promise to Zay. I will live for him and to eradicate that monster from existence. That man will pay, he shall died by my hands no matter what. He shall die for Zander's death, for Mama's death and Papa's death. He took them all from me and he can't go on without consequences.

"Come on!! Find that syringe! If she shifts and loses control again you will die! Do you hear me?!"

I shall have my revenge and no one shall get in the way of that. I will hunt him down and whoever he worked with. They are my prey that I will take every ounce of pleasure painting my hands with their blood.

I felt a sting in my neck before my vision started to go black and my senses dulled. Before I went into unconsciousness I made the vow to kill the ones responsible for my family's death, everyone.