16- Too Weak

Chapter 16- Too Weak

Nevaeh's POV

"How do you feel about moving to another home?" I asked the little guy nibbling on his food. He looked at me with clear eyes.

"You're my home." Hearing his answer, I stared at him intently. Does he get attached easily?

"We will leave in a week." The table returned to its usual silence. The stupid alpha was killed, step two was completed. Next will be that idiotic mate of mine, the gamma I want to torture: mentally, emotionally, and physically.

"Why are you smiling like that?" My eyes focused on the little face looking a bit scared.

"Thoughts." I took the last sip of my juice and wait for the kid to finish. "Store, company or home."

"Home but uh..." He fidgeted nervously, avoiding my eyes.

"Talk."

"Can you buy a game for me?!" I stared silently, it's been one week. Isn't this kid been way too comfortable with me?

"Okay." We departed to the game section of a local store and got the kid his game before returning to the apartment. I started my training while he played.

Time sailed with the wind and soon enough a week passed, our boxes were loaded in the back while the kid sat in the front on his game. I had notified the landlady of our departure in advance and made preparation at the company for our month's absence.

Nearing the pack territory, I brought windows up enough to block Logan from their sight. The pack's atmosphere was one of worry after spotting my car but I paid no heed to them and drove to my house.

My eyes narrowed seeing at the well-kept house, cautiously I parked in the empty garage. Where's my car? "Stay in the car."

I entered the house with no restrictions. However, I found a familiar man snoozing off on the couch, Philip Crige.

Footsteps came from the stairs suddenly, "Dad, where's mom- who are you?!"s

Philip woke with a fright from her screeching, "What are you doing in my house?"

She became silent, she slowly studied my frame, "Nevaeh?"

"What are you doing in my house?" The Crige family was really bold, they schemed against my family and had the audacity to take our house that my father built.

"Get out." I was in no mood to hear a ridiculous answer, I wanted them out.

"You can't do that who do you think you are?!" Her constant screeching attracted wolves, I always hated how loud this girl was.

"You got an hour to pack your things or I'll throw you out."

"We're not going anywhere, you get out of our house. What gave you the balls to walk in here and demand us to leave. You have no title, no power, no support, you got no one."

"Wrong, she has me!" The childish yet mature voice delayed me from attacking the banshee.

"You had a kid? No, he's too big. What have you been up to these two years? Whoring around?" This annoying creature continued to mock.

The door burst open and two men entered, "What's wrong?!"

"Warriors, these two trespassed with ill intentions. Protect our pack from all threats and kill them immediately."

I rolled my eyes so hard I could almost see the back of my head. "Philip, what do you think?"

"I'm with my daughter, you can't just throw us out of our house. Who do you think you are?" Another eye roll, if annoying was a human.

"Sadly, this is my house, not yours."

The warriors didn't hesitate much longer to attack me,  I grabbed the kid while moving out of their range. I scoffed at their pathetic attempt, it would seem I had the wrong impression of them, they are awfully weak. "Pack meeting in half an hour, it seems you need to meet your new alpha."

"B-but you were banished!" The confusion tinted her face as she exclaimed in her high pitch voice.

"And I defeated your Alpha," I stated frankly, feeling a bit irritated but it was masked with a stoic expression. Although I couldn't say the same for my voice, it always been very expressive of my mood.

They froze in shock earning another eye roll from me, the warriors acted first and bow in apology for their earlier actions. "We beg for forgiveness, Alpha."

"Get out," I waved my hand indifferently, they exit the property with no further words however the Criges still stood in flabbergast.

Annoyed, I grabbed them and threw them through the door. I leaned against the door, inhaling a well-needed breath.

"Are they your enemies?"

"Yeah, don't trust anyone in this pack."

"Then why?"

"Revenge," I stared darkly at the ceiling, they banished me so the only way to come back is to become the alpha. It's troublesome but worth it.

He nodded in acknowledgment, "I want revenge too."

"Brother?" He hummed in agreement, I redirect my gaze to him.

"Training in a month then. Let's go." I walked out the back door to the woods.

'Pack Meeting in 30 minutes.'

"Run?" I hummed, racing through the woods with the kid beside me. He always enjoy our runs, he's making improvement too. It was blissful feeling the wind's rough caress and the trees sneaky grazes of my skin, the natural music of the forest thrumming with life was a relaxing sensation that melted the tension out my muscle and my body relaxed in enjoyment.

I could see Logan's strong strides thumping beside me, I was impressed at his mature actions as he took this opportunity to familiarize himself with the layout of the land. Sadly, all fun has to come to an end and I began to lead us to the field for the pack meeting.

With the little guy trailing calmly behind me, we made our way on the platform set up. Silence washed over the noisy pack, many eyes stalked over our frames, gazes filled but shock and apprehension.

"Good day," From my speculations, only a small number of people left and from the remaining behavior, they probably plan to get rid of me somehow. My lips twitched but I didn't comment on my speculation.

"I see only a few left, however, three weeks remain to contemplate your decision." I paused, "There will be some changes made to your training as you are far too weak for my liking.

Growls erupted and my lips twitched at the audacity, "Growl at me and I might take pleasure in removing your tongues and let you wear them has a necklace."

"Aren't you a bit cruel, Alpha?" One of the warriors asked, emphasizing Alpha.

"For you people?" I looked him directly in the eyes, "No, you guys deserve much worst for your unreasonable characters."

He clammed his mouth shut and sat when I bore into his eyes, "After a month or so other packs will attempt to take over the pack after word spread that the New Alpha is a 17 year old girl and your physical state is not prepared for battle."

A hand raised in question and I reluctantly acknowledged it, "Who is the child, Alpha?"

"He is Logan and obviously he's under my care. If you have a problem with him, you have a problem with me and you don't want to have a problem with me." I informed, my voice was low and steady with each word.