Initiation

3 years later!
Present Day.
Our story takes place from here on out!

Robyn is 20
Maya is 12 years old
Janae is 22 as well
__________

Soon, the 100 Acres Forest gained notoriety as a place filled with crime and theft. King John taxed the people of the kingdom more and more each year, so while the wealthy citizens of Enchancia became rich, the less fortunate became poor.

Robyn was the balance to this swift act of disorder. She was a brave freedom fighter who, along with the other outcasts, looted from only the rich and gave back to the poor. Sheriff James of Enchancia loathed Robyn for her actions and made it his personal mission to capture her.

All women listened to the instruction of Robyn. She was a fair and fearless leader whose heart was pure and just. She never declaimed her self the leader but it was only when the women presented her with the title that she welcomed it.

On one side of the forrest lived the animals, bears and woodland creatures, but on the other side lived a small society of women: vagabonds, ex-prostitutes, thieves, people from all walks of life.  They termed themselves: The Outcasts.

—-

A screeching sound below the trees demands my attention. I scan the empty path and see a group of men safeguarding an opulent coach; it was probably some fat, wealthy slob who bathed in the safe security of his riches.

I bend low and whistle a signal to the 3 girls across the distance in the trees. Maya's eyes nervously meet mine as she flicks her nose in recognition of my notice. Tensely, she stands and flags the other girls to watch the cart.

She was one of three trainees going through their rite of passage

She was one of three trainees going through their rite of passage. Before a girl turned 12, she would train and prepare for her first loot. Only after its successful completion could one be part of the outcasts.

As the carriage passes through the woods, the three girls pull out their ropes and lower to the floor.

"AHHH" they scream and kick off the men from their horses. Layce, the smallest girl, shoves one man while Emily, another girl, kicks off the other.

The fat man from the carriage slams open the carriage door and runs away in fear, his thick bag of gold drips behind him.

I leap through the branches and drop atop his body.

"Please... please" he pants, "do not kill me! Take what you want!" he pleads, closing his eyes in fear.

"Shut up" I kick dirt into his face and grab his heavy money bags. My mask limits my vision as I desperately count the bags.

"300 danais? I know a man with your stature would have more? Where is the rest!" I shout. He remains silent, still shaking with fear. I step across his nonexistent throat, forcing him into admission.