Truce

"Well well well" Shierff James sings. A sea of 50 guards are lined across the perimeter of the exit to our secret hideout.

"If it isn't the masked crusader! The noble bandit, Robyn Hood!!" He claps mockingly.

I stand behind my girls as they raised their swords to protect me.

"I suggest you stand down bandits. You are outnumbered." the sheriff shrugs. I knew he was more than accurate as I surveyed the scene.

"How did you find us?" I fume.

"I followed your little fiancé over here and his brother. If it wasn't for them running after you...?" he chuckles.

I look at them both in anger. "You two were in on this?"

"Sydney of course not!" Timothee yells.

"I swear we didn't know!" Charles protests.

"Oh Robyn!! I suggest you come with me peacefully or your little band of merry women gets it" he snaps his fingers and each guard raises their swords.

"Why should I go with you? For what reason!"

"For stealing from the king"

"She didn't steal a thing! You and Charolette framed her" Charles comes to my defense.

"I suggest you quiet down prince. Your father would not be too proud of you infiltration with the enemy"

"She didn't do it! My father may be many things but he'll look at the side of truth!" Timothee snaps.

"Check your sack girl! The proof is in there" James points.

The king comes in on his horse and surveys the scene.

"Ella? Charles? Tim? What is the meaning of this?"

"You monster!" I yell.

He turns his gaze to me and tilted his head in confusion thinking he was mistaken; no one dare talked to the king like that.

"you killed her!!" I repeat myself through thick tears.

"Sydney stop it" Charles pulled me away, scared more for my my own life than his. He tried to pull me out the king's gaze to quiet me down but I pushed him off.

"You murderer! you killed her" I yelled again.

He saw the book in my hands and his eyes opened in shock.

"You....you.... are..." the Kings eyes open in fear.

Sheriff James smiles as he watchEd his plan unfold. "Tell him girl? Tell them who you are!" he chuckles.

I look to Charles then Timothee as he holds my waist tight.

"Don't Sydney... he will kill you" Charles pleads.