[Mirio Togata X Male!Reader]- Learning

I had a few Mirio requests (prettyplsdontkillme and super_uwu) as well as a male reader request from Michan8350- sorry this took so long guys ^^ I thought I'd combine them together just because I had a prompt (male reader) and a character (Mirio)- it just made it slightly easier than writing Mirio/Mirio/Individual Male!Reader

For Mirio, living without his quirk became almost similar to learning to walk again. The loss of his quirk was almost a slap in the face, realizing how much he had started depending on it over the years. It hurt him, clearly, isolating. But he always had the light at the end of the tunnel.

Y/N.

He who still loved him even though all he had become was similar to a quirkless child.

Mirio never shared his thoughts. He was a hero, a shining beacon of light. He wasn't supposed to burden people with his feelings. And so he smiled in the face of adversity.

Some days were harder than others, and it happened to be one of those days.

But there he was- Y/N- the curve of his face illuminated by the afternoon sun streaming through the curtains. Mirio found a smile on his face as he gently traced the side of his boyfriend's cheek. Y/N mumbled somethig incoherent, burying his face into the pillow.

Mirio laughed through his nose quietly as Y/N opened his eyes, peering at him with lethargy. Y/N groaned into the pillow before propping himself up slightly, brushing back Mirio's surely bedheaded hair.

"Mmm, did you sleep at all?"

"A little," Mirio remarked absently, letting his eyes shut again as Y/N's hand came to rest on his cheek.

"Do you feel better?" Y/N asked gently, voice still groggy with sleep. Mirio let his lips ghost over his partner's hand.

"A lot better," Mirio informed, slowly opening his eyes and beaming brightly at Y/N, "You always know how to nurse me."

Y/N laughed, leaning down to press a kiss to his boyfriend's lips, running his thumb over his cheekbones.

"I wouldn't mind staying like this," Y/N remarked wistfully, drawing back to let his chin rest on Mirio's chest. Mirio instinctively wrapped his arms around him, his trademark smile unwavering. "Well, not like this, but here."

"I know what you mean," He breathed, pressing a kiss to Y/N's forehead. Y/N smiled slightly, tilting his head against Mirio's chest to listen to his heartbeat. "Why don't we just stay here for a little while longer?"

"What about the maths homework you said you needed help with?" Y/N queried, peering up at him. Mirio laughed, letting his eyes closed as he leant his head back into the pillow.

"It doesn't exist. I just wanted to see you."

Y/N couldn't help but laugh, a sound alone that could make Mirio feel as if he were floating on cloud 9. A sound that worked much better than any medicine.

Yes, there were the hard days, but it wasn't anything he couldn't deal with, just so long as Y/N was by his side.

Eee, it's short, sorry. I wasn't sure what to do qwq