Chapter 13

"Who are you?" Solar demanded, shielding Thorn behind him. "What do you want from us?"

"Hand Daun over."

He gritted his teeth. "How do you know her name? Who are you?"

Scarlet electricity burst from her body, illuminating glowing red streaks on her clothing. Her blood red eyes shone in the dark, devoid of life and emotion. Raising her hand, a spear materialized in her firm grip.

Solar's eyes widened. It was another elemental user. They weren't the only ones.

"If you want her, you'll have to get through me!" Light poured from Solar's eyes as his fingertips glowed pure white. "Daun, stay back."

Thorn pouted. "I'm not Daun! My name's Thorn!" Vines rose behind her, despite the cement floor. "And I can take care of myself!"

"What happened to what you said just now?" Solar demanded, eyes fixed on the figure. If he wasn't mistaken, he and this new elemental were in similar calibres, but in a reverse method. He was a marksman, but this elemental was a melee. If he could keep his distance and make one decent shot, he would be able to get them out.

The figure acknowledged that they were not going down without a fight. Throwing the cloak into the air, the figure's physiques were revealed to them entirely.

Solar's fingers dipped. "Petir?"

Halilintar stabbed her spear into the ground.

"My name is Lieutenant Halilintar. Hand her over or face the consequences." Her cold glare was threatening, but it was nothing like how Solar remembered. They held no emotion behind them. They resembled lifeless robots. Unlike Petir before, she was scared and yearned for protection behind that glare.

This wasn't Petir.

"You and Tanah left the country!" Solar raised his finger again, pointing at her heart. "Where's Tanah? Why are you working for Bora-ra? He tried to kill me! He tried to kill you! Was everything a lie?"

Halilintar held no emotion. She waited for a proper answer. At least her honour was still in her, or this battle would have commenced moments ago.

"Petir," Solar growled, "where's Tanah? Wat did you do to him?"

Halilintar looked down to her black combat boots, then she stared straight into his eyes.

"I ended him."

* * *

Air just wanted some sleep, but when Angin called her repeatedly and won't give up, she had to pick up.

"Come quick! I found something!"

"Angin, it's night time. I don't have time for your shenanigans."

"Just come!"

She relented after ten minutes of begging and pleading. They met at the riverside, and Air was met by an alien ship the size of house.

"What the heck is this?" she demanded, shaking Angin's shoulder. "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything," Angin protested weakly. "I was flying around the area and I found this. I thought it had something to do with you."

"How did you think it was me?"

"We're the only ones with powers!"

Air sighed in exasperation. She looked at the ship up and down, but she couldn't place her finger on it. What was a ship doing here? Judging from the design, it's most likely a transport rather than a battleship.