Chapter 19

"How?" was all Solar could ask. "You two—you can fuse into one person? That doesn't make any sense, especially when your powers are polar opposites—"

"We're still family," Frostfire said warmly. "Besides, we have bigger problems to deal with."

Solar nodded. He reverted his attention towards the alien. The hole on Bora-ra's arm had stopped bleeding, and his anger was focused on them.

Frostfire nodded at the light elemental. "I'll handle him. Take your time to recover."

The fused elemental summoned his chakrams, the weapon blazing blue. He charged at Bora-ra, and was soon dodging black holes and engaging in the offence.

Solar turned to Tanah. "Take care of Petir. Stay safe."

Tanah nodded. Carrying Petir bridal style and pocketing his discarded watch, he left the area to somewhere safe. Solar got Taufan and Thorn to safety before returning to the battle. At the peripheral of his vision, he saw a red and black figure sneaking up on Frostfire. With a beam, he forced Halilintar to retreat her original attack and face him.

Solar's mind raced. His arm numbed. Despite the information of this Halilintar being a being of mindless energy, he couldn't bring himself to hurt her. They had the same face. He'd hurt her once and he was afraid to do it again.

The situation didn't allow him to ponder. Frostfire was fighting a losing battle if he didn't help soon. If freeing Petir didn't make Halilintar disappear, he didn't know what will.

Unless he killed her—

He shook the thought out of his head. He couldn't just kill someone, especially Petir.

Still, he had to find a way to get Halilintar back to Petir before it's too late.

The battle commenced. There were no rules, no mercy, just the pure thought of subduing the other. Halilintar was the embodiment of Petir's rage and fear, but she had no emotion. Solar was the element that portrayed his charisma and righteousness. There was no telling what they would do.

Solar had never found a reason to fight, to use his powers. Now he did. He was doing it for his family. He was doing this for someone else. He couldn't lose. Not now, when everyone depended on this one battle.

Eyes glowing like a nova, he raised his finger. This was more than just survival. This is for the people he loved. People that saved their loved ones but had failed to save themselves in the process.

He will fulfill Tanah's promise.

Both of the energy elements collided in remarkable speed. White met red. It was a collision of creation and destruction.

A watch shattered.

Solar and Halilintar both paused. Solar looked down to his wrist, but his was intact. Once he looked up, he saw Halilintar's form disappearing.

He breathed a sigh of relief.

But then it struck him. Blood flowed freely from the wound in his stomach, the spear impaling his abdomen disappearing with its master, leaving a gaping hole in his body.

He fell to his knees, a hand holding the injury. Blood ran up his throat and down his chin.

Not yet, he thought.

Solar forced himself to stand. He still had one more problem to deal with.

Frostfire crashed landed next to him. His body glowed blue and red before he was split into the pair of twins again.

Api groaned. "Now I know how it feels to be a girl."

Air slurred. "Don't remind me..."

Bora-ra roared, shaking the ship. He created a massive black hole, threatening to tear the ship apart. The engines gave out. The station was plummeting towards Earth through the atmosphere, and the temperature had grown eerily warm.

"YOU WILL DIE!" Bora-ra declared.

The black hole was the one thing that kept the station afloat, but it was slowly being attracted to the destructive matter.

Solar coughed out more blood, but he managed to glare at Bora-ra. He still had enough energy to do just this. Charging at Bora-ra, ignoring the red liquid down his stomach, his palm brushed against the alien's armor and they teleported away, straight into the mouth of the black hole.

"No!" Bora-ra cried. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The force was too much for anyone to fight. Adrenaline gushed through Solar, but he no longer had the energy to fight back. Bora-ra grabbed his leg as he pulled the both of them through, and Solar stared at the station one last time before he disappeared through the black hole.

* * *

"NO!" Tanah pounded at the windows. "SOLAR!"

Tanah felt useless. First he wanted to kill his own sister, and now he could only watch as his best friend was being dragged into a motherfucking black hole. Still, he knew it was hopeless. The black hole retracted and exploded, causing the station to plummet towards earth at full speed.

He was the only one intact. Petir, Taufan and Thorn were still unconscious. Api and Air could barely stand. He had to take charge now or they'll all die.

"Api! Air! Can you stand?"

"Barely," Api grunted.

There should be a ship nearby. An escape pod. Remembering what he had seen previously, he carried Taufan and Thorn on both his shoulders as Api carried Petir on his back.

Powering up the ship, they evacuated the station before it self-destructed.