four

It was 2 am and Harry entered the house, knackered because of the vigorous sex action he was involved in. With Cody. It felt good, for him. But for some reason he wasn't able to get Louis out of his mind that night and he was kind of guilty for what he's doing. So, he decided to tell Louis the next day about applying for a divorce and winning custody over Katherine. He needs Katherine.

He went into Kate's room, switched on the light to see her sleeping peacefully in the white crib. He tip-toed towards her and placed a small kiss on her forehead, "I love you, princess" he murmured, smiling softly looking at how tiny and adorable she is. "You'll get a new papa soon and he's obviously going to love you."

Harry got into his and Louis' room, the moonlight was brightening the room good enough so he didn't bother to switch the light on. Almost two months since Louis stopped talking to him, and even when he was home, he spent ample amount of time in the guest room doing god knows what or busying himself with Kate to avoid Harry.

But, Harry found Louis sleeping their bedroom, on their bed, on his side, and he was sleeping contently. Harry knew Louis wasn't sleeping good.

He sighed and changed his clothing. As soon as he lied on the bed, Louis put his head on Harry's chest and sprawled his left hand on top of Harry's stomach. "Haz, please don't leave me. I can't survive without you."
He mumbled.

Harry swallowed a lump in his throat remembering those times back when they were in University. Louis has had many episodes where he used to trash things and start crying hysterically on how he is so worthless, how much he wants to die.

Harry internally cursed and slapped himself for forgetting that Louis was suicidal (he didn't, it just went missing in his brain ) and there is a big fat fucking chance he might go back to square one if he ever gets to know that Harry has been seeing someone else. How could he just forget.

"I won't baby, now sleep okay?" He hesitantly reached and stroked Louis' hair lulling him back to sleep.

"I love you." Louis says before yawning and going back into his slumber.

^^

The next morning was a bit awkward, like always, Louis was babying Kate by feeding her some baby food and Harry was eating breakfast too. Silence was un-fucking-bearable.

"Louis?" Harry cleared his throat.

Louis looked up smiling. His crinkled smile, Harry loves. Loved.

"I need to talk to you."

"Go on." Louis says.

"Kate might um- listen?"

"She's just a baby, Harry, talk." Louis chuckles.

Harry feels incredibly horrible for ruining Louis' mood, but he has to do this before things go far and out of hand.

"Listen, we- we're not happy anymore, Louis."

Louis' face falls. "Listen to me and then you can uh talk." Harry clears his throat.

"I feel like we're not, you know, connected anymore, we hardly even talk, let alone kiss and fuck. We are drifting apart. Actually drifted, we're not the same HarryandLouis and things change. We can't expect everything to be the same. I think- I think we need to apply for a divorce."