ten

Louis and Neville grew to be inseparable in just one month, they meet up everyday at the café after that day, drinking coffee and laughing around. Louis told him about everything (Harry included ) and Neville got even closer offering a helping hand if ever required. Kate too started liking the guy, kind of, she's too young to judge whatsoever. It was all good for Louis, he found good company he sort of likes, might be getting a job at a law firm, but his heart still aches for Harry. Badly.

Louis was bathing Kate when he got a text from Neville telling him to meet at the park nearby at 5 p.m. He quickly finished his chores and tried looking presentable, meaning, he might or might not have tossed and turned his entire wardrobe in search of a perfect clothing- technically, he always runs around like a headless chicken whenever he's about to meet Neville. Doesn't know why.

He's sure he doesn't have any feelings for Neville yet, he just adores him a lot for lifting his mood up quite a bit and he's also doing an amazing job distracting his mind from Harry for some time.

In his context, Neville was a really, really nice lad. He didn't freak out when he told him that he had a daughter and was about to get divorced because Neville was also going through the same but he doesn't have any kids. He sat and listened to every one of Louis' stories, laughed at his jokes even if they weren't that funny, compliments Louis every chance he gets, but mostly he really, really likes Kate and that's exactly what Louis wanted.

He has been clean for over two weeks. Which is a start, he's hoping that would continue.

Louis was wandering around the park with Neville, Kate on his hip when he spotted Harry with Cody. He felt Neville tense near him and he glanced at him for a second to witness his face completely white looking straight ahead.

"Nev?"

"Hmm?"

"That's Harry, my ex-husband, well, not officially but," Louis said softly, trying to avoid looking at Harry but unfortunately he couldn't help gazing at him when he's sitting a few meters from him ( getting cozy with Cody ) looking so beautiful in just skinny jeans and a red flannel and with his ridiculous fedora.

"What the fuck," Neville muttered.

"What?"

"Uh, Cody."

"Cody? What's with him? Please don't tell me you're best friends with him, I might ditch you cause I hate that guy. Literally, hate." Louis said, stopping and looking at Neville.

"No, um- he's my ex-husband." He scratched his neck, averting his gaze from Louis and towards Cody. "And I still love him." He added.

"Oh. This is great, amazing actually." Louis chuckled, sarcastically. He doesn't blame Neville, no. But the circumstance they're in is hilarious, according to Louis.

"Why did you break up, did you know he was cheating on you?" Louis asks, gesturing a bench to Neville, so that they could sit and chat.

"No, no, we broke up almost an year ago, he wanted a child and I just wasn't ready which led to many arguments and tears. So, we decided to quit it." He shrugged.

Harry and Cody were so close to them, and now they were sucking each other's faces off, Louis got sick.

Neville, well Neville had the same facial expression as Louis and they wanted nothing more to get out of that damn park. But, they didn't. Instead;

"Lou, can I kiss you? It's just that we're awfully close to them, they actually can see us but they still didn't and I really want to see Cod's reaction." And Neville was rambling.

"Nev, Neville, stop. It's okay, to be honest I was wondering the same. This is just friendly right? No awkward-ness after the kiss. Okay?"

He nods. "But, we can't kiss in front of Kate. That's- that's so weird?" Neville whines.

"For fuck's sake, she's just one and a half."

And then they were kissing, it wasn't rushed or anything, no feelings, nothing. Their lips were just sliding along, smacking loudly and Louis didn't find any heat or warm fluttery feeling at all. Neville is not Harry.

They pulled back and looked at each other, smiling like idiots.

"Do you think they saw us or are seeing us?" Neville whispers.

"Maybe. Turn your head slowly, act as if you're scanning the park." Louis grins.

Neville does and yes, their ex husbands are watching them with with curious eyes. And this is exactly what they wanted. For one more final touch, Neville picks up Kate and places her on his lap, kissing her head multiple times and hugged her to his chest.

What's even more extravagant is that, Harry's jealousy is literally, very much evident and oh, Louis is actually a very happy man now.

Louis watched as Harry latched away from his beloved Cody and stormed away from the spot, his eye brows furrowed.