twelve

"Cody, he's going to hate me. Like, I'm literally playing with his emotions- I cheated on him for six fucking months, told him that I fell out of love with him, I didn't even visit my daughter in the span of three months, oh my god, he's going to punch me."

Harry was freaking out, marching back and forth in the living room while Cody is sitting on the couch, reading a book.

He's planning to move out of Cody's flat and move in to his ( and Louis' home ) and fall on his knees in front of Louis and beg him to take him back but Harry knows it's not that fucking easy.

It's been a week since Harry and Cody decided to quit their loitering, realising the big mistake they've- Harry's been doing. He still doesn't understand why he wanted to end his marriage, now looking at Cody, he didn't know how he could even think about ditching a beautiful human like Louis for him ( no offence to Cody ).

"You can't expect him to accept your apology and immediately kiss you senseless, no, that's not happening." Cody says, not taking his eyes off the book.

"How could I've ever done that? Did I hit my head to a wall or something?" Harry mumbles.

"It's not the time for a joke, Harry." Cody says, putting the book aside. Harry sighs and sits beside him. 

"I'm not joking, I'm just wondering how all of this started." 

It was silent between the two for a while. 

"Hey, Harry?" 

"What?"

"Yesterday you mentioned that Louis was depressed right? That he used to-"

"Fuck, oh my goodness, he was always so sensitive and so vulnerable. Cody, what have I done?" Harry whispers. 

"Don't jump to conclusions that he's back to square one again." 

"I'm not. I was just thinking about those days when he used to struggle a lot, trying to quit cutting and burning. I'll never ever forgive myself if he ever takes it up again, I'll never."

-

It was 2:00 in the morning and Louis is still in the process of putting Kate back to sleep. She wouldn't stop crying, he tried feeding her but she's not hungry and she had been constantly mumbling 'Dada', she wants Harry and Louis doesn't want her to want Harry and he's having a massive headache because he's contemplating on whether to call Harry or not.

2 in the damn morning might interrupt Harry's and Cody's sexual time, Louis thinks and grunts. Harry's behaviour in the park a week back stunned Louis.

The past week was horrible to Louis. Literally, horrible. His job application got rejected for some unknown reason, Neville is out of town visiting his grandmother; Zayn, Liam and Niall are off on a mini road trip. Even he got invited but he turned them down thinking Harry would be there too but he later got notified that Harry wasn't coming either. 

His depression is going no where, it's eating him up alive and he still wants to, desperately wants to die. But, Kate. He's not harming himself, he didn't get that urge in a long time. 

Louis came back to his senses when Kate got even louder. He sighed and put her back into the crib, grabbed his phone, his finger was dancing on Harry's contact for a while and he finally tapped on it hoping for the best.

"Lou?"

"Yeah, Harry?"

"Lou? Is everything okay?"

Louis was taken aback at his tone.

"Uh- um, I'm sorry for calling you at an ungodly hour and waking you up but um could you maybe- you know what, forget it."

"It's alright, tell me."

"She's crying for you."

"Be there in 10. Love you."

Love you. Love you. Love you. Love you.

That was it, Louis was quite gobsmacked. He stared at his phone for a moment and pinched himself later.

Kate was still crying when the door bell of Liam's flat rang, about 10-12 minutes later. With shaky and sweaty hands, Louis padded towards the door and opened it slowly. There he is, perfect as ever, Harry Styles, concern swimming in his eyes.

As soon as he opened the door entirely, Harry lurched forward and kissed Louis with a mighty force, cupping his cheeks.