eighteen

Okay......I made a huge mistake, the ocean from Birmingham is far away lol, I just checked in the google maps. Let's please assume it's nearby? Yeah? So sorry.

...

His blood was rushing at such a speed, running to his ears and the words were ringing and repeating in his head making him somewhat dizzy and wobbly.

"Mr.Tomlinson? We need you to come to Birmingham City Hospital, for your husband?"

Louis was agitating with concern and fear, negative thoughts on what might have happened swimming around in his head.

His hands that were held on to the swing were trembling and he didn't want to miss one more moment anymore. He hurriedly dashed from the park, holding Kate tightly on his hip. She was asking questions in her still baby voice, her words not yet pronounced properly but Louis had to black her out and focus on driving to the hospital without crashing his car along the way.

As soon as he reached and parked, he literally ran into the building carrying his daughter who was mumbling "daddy," and she was on the verge of crying on why her father was looking so flustered.

"I'm here for Harry? Uh- Harry Tomlinson!" he asks the receptionist.

"You're-?"

"His husband. I need to see him." His voice breaks. Husband.

"He's in the emergency wing, Room 19, go straight and take the first left, end of the hallway," She had a sympathetic look on her face and Louis was just really fucking lost.

Louis walked past 16,17,18 his anxiety growing more door by door, and when he finally glanced at 19, he quaveringly opened the door, Kate still on his hip, oblivious.

Harry was laying down on the white bed with many machines plugged on him, he looked very pale and bloated and a doctor greeted him with a humble smile.

"Hi." Louis says his eyes shifting between Harry and the doctor. "What happened to him? Is he okay?" He asks immediately because he's restless and he has to know what the heck happened.

"Hi, listen, I think you need to take a seat." Dr.Collins said. That's what his name badge says.

There were two brown single seated sofas beside the bed, they sat themselves on it, with Kate on Louis' lap.

"So,-" Dr.Collins clears his throat.

"The sea patrol found Mr.Harry, he was catching for his breathe but from afar by the time they reached him on the speed boat, he was already drowning, lucky for him he's out of danger."

At that moment, Louis' walls broke and the tears started dribbling when he glanced at Harry, gripping Kate even tighter.

"Is he alright? Will he be alright?" He asks, wiping his cheeks.

"Yes, he is. But due to the lungs being filled with water, the oxygen intake became drastically less and to the blood too, he might have to stay a day more or two for oxygen supply."

Louis nods briefly, his eyes still fixed on Harry. He no longer can stay away from Harry after the meeting he had with Zayn the day before. His heart still longed for him even after all these days.

"What was he even doing in the middle of the damn ocean and he even knows how to swim?"

"Mr.Tomlinson, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that, I just did my job which is to keep him alive during the ambulance journey."

"How'd you catch hold of me?"

"Oh, one of your family friends? Mrs.Malik? She was one of the nurses who helped me, she told me that she knew him and she immediately gave your number. Bless her."

Dr.Collins says.

Louis reminds himself to thank Trisha later.

"When is he going to wake up?" Louis asks.

"An hour or two."

"Uh do you mind if I stay here or are there any visiting hours?"

"You can stay, yeah." Dr.Collin smiles. "And oh, his purse and his phone were retrieved from his car, they're on the table right there," He points and stands up to leave.

Kate starts squirming and crying. Louis called Niall, so that he would probably take care of Kate and can help break news to the others. Louis was not exactly in the position to do multi tasking.

Three hours have gone by, their friends are waiting outside ( Louis didn't let anyone in ) and Harry still hasn't woken up yet. Louis was seated right beside Harry on a stool, lazily playing with his frail fingers. The room felt so uneasy to Louis, it was complete silence except for the beeping sound which was coming out of something. He didn't like the sight of Harry, the oxygen mask, the creepy green hospital costume, hands limp on the bed by his sides and he was trying so hard not to look at him, his gaze fixed on somewhere else.

"Louis?" A rough, scratchy voice called out so lowly. Louis' heart leaped a thousand times, his eyes widened and he snapped his head to look at Harry who was looking at him with hooded and empty eyes.

"Harry...oh my goodness, what happened?" Louis choked out, kissing Harry's knuckles with so much ardor.

"Lou, I'm so sorry, please kill me, I'm not supposed to be here, fuck, what am I doing here still?" He started thrashing and Louis was blubbering looking at the love of his life talk like that. And finally, finally he gets it. He gets what Harry tried to do.

"Harry, Harry, look at me, just please look at me." Louis stands up and pins Harry by his shoulders, it was in an awkward angle but it worked since Harry stopped sobbing and focused on looking into his lover's eyes.

"Calm down, baby, please calm down." Louis managed to say.

The others might have heard the scene that was happening; Dr.Collins and Zayn barged in making Louis flinch due to the sudden sound.

Louis left Harry's side, slipped out of the room ignoring the others screaming out his name and ran across the parking lot, towards his car. He just needed time to take everything in. His Harry wanted to die, Harry who once saved him, Harry who kept him happy, Harry who cluttered his soul again, his mind was clogged with HarryHarryHarry and that Harry needs a saving right now.

Louis gripped on to the steering wheel and cried and cried and cried until his chest started to ache and the tears ran out.