Chapter 4

Rachel burst through the door, "AMI SARATOGA!" This caused Josh and Ami to jump up, Josh staring at Rachel in shock and fear and Ami falling off the couch and groaning in pain, "Rachel what the heck..."

Rachel stares at Josh for a moment before wiggling her eyebrows at her friend, "Ooooo who's your secret boyfriend you've been hiding? Is this what you do on my late shifts??"

Ami glared at Rachel while Josh facepalmed, his face red. Ami got up putting her hand on the tall boy's shoulder, "Rachel, this is my new friend, Josh. Josh, this is my room mate, Rachel. He is not my boyfriend, Rachel."

Rachel winked at her, "Yet! Anyways I know you're probably going to absolutely hate me for this but I kind of sort of need to interrupt your date with this cute boy. Can I have the flash drive with our audition tapes?"

Ami walked up to a shelf next to the television and pushed some DVD cases to the side before finding the small flash drive. She tossed it to Rachel who looked at her in shock, "Wow, I can't believe you actually kept this!" Ami shrugged, "I was going to get rid of it sooner or later. It was just up there collecting dust."

Rachel smiled, "Okay well I'll be in my room, continue your date!" Ami rolled her eyes and Josh sat back down. She grabbed the remote and rewinded to the spot they were originally at before Rachel so rudely interrupted them. Ami sat down on the couch, closer to Josh. They continued to watch movies until it was around 10 pm. Josh looked down at his phone briefly, realising what time it was. He was about to mention it to Ami until he realised she was asleep, snuggled into his side.

His cheeks flushed and he wrapped an arm around her when he saw she was shivering slightly. He felt the same feeling as when he first met her. What was going on with him? He pulled out his phone and took a quick picture of his current situation and sent it to Sky.

Josh I've got a slight situation and I believe I am stuck here for the night...

Sky Good luck with that, lover boy! Say goodbye to all your bacon...

Josh Don't you dare!

Josh sighed, looking down at the sleeping girl. He smiled as Rachel came out of her room. Rachel looked at them and smirked, "Good luck she's a heavy sleeper," her facial expression fell to a sad one, "Just don't hurt her. She's been through enough trauma with Erric..." Josh nodded, looking back down at the girl.

Rachel returned to her room and Josh laid back, adjusting Ami so that she was sleeping using his stomach as a pillow. She adjusted herself slightly so that she was hugging him, murmuring in her sleep. Josh closed his eyes and drifted off as well, their train still chugging along steadily.

—————————

Ami awoke slowly, attempting to get up but being held down by an arm. She looked up, confused and came face to face with a sleeping Joshua Burrage. Ami's eyes widened and Rachel walked out of her room, presumably for coffee. When Rachel saw the distraught look on Ami's face she bursted out laughing, waking up the boy. "Sky what did I tell you about taking my bacon," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

When the boy opened his eyes and saw the two girls looking at him, he gasped, "Ben! Sky! You've become girls! Am I a girl too?? I don't feel like it?!"

Ami snickered slightly as realisation flooded across Josh's face. She got up, "I take it by you previous mumbling of bacon, you would like some bacon for breakfast." Josh began to protest, "No! You don't have to make anything for me I'm fine!"

Ami scoffed, "Who said I was making anything for you. I'm making myself breakfast and just being generous and sharing some." Josh gave her a lopsided grin, which she returned back. Rachel rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah, okay, love birds. I gotta go to work. No funny business you hear me? Especially you Mr. Cute Boy Josh. I better come home to my room mate still fully clothe—" "RACHEL WHAT THE HELL"

Ami flung a spatula at her room mate, causing Rachel to let out a screech of terror. Josh looked thoroughly confused as Ami full on tackled Rachel in attempts to get her to stop talking. Eventually Ami managed to kick Rachel out of the apartment, locking the door. Josh stared at her wide eyed, "What did I just witness."

Ami rolled her eyes, "Rachel being Rachel." She ran back to the kitchen and began cooking her special home made pancakes with a side of some bacon and scrambled eggs. One weird thing about Ami was that she absolutely despised any way to cook an egg unless it was scrambled. Josh watched her carefully as she flipped a pancake and then turned to tend to the bacon.

When the bacon was finished she dished it out on two plates and then scrambled the eggs in the bacon grease. When she eventually finished cooking, she set the plates on her small table, gesturing for Josh to come sit. He sat hesitantly as Ami grabbed two glasses of orange juice. She set one down in front of him and one next to her plate. She sat down and smiled at Josh, "Well? Dig in!"

Josh picked up his fork, "You really didn't have to do this... I could've stopped at like.. a McDonalds or something..." Ami gasped, "Fast food isn't good for you! Eat more!!" She dropped some of her eggs and bacon on his plate, Josh literally screaming for her to take her food back. They fought for a solid five minutes as Ami tried to feed Josh like a mother.

Ami eventually convinced him to eat his food and ate hers. As she took a bite of her eggs, she looked up at him curiously. She noticed Josh age everything except the bacon. She was confused, thinking maybe he may not like bacon. She was immediately proved wrong as he scarfed down the bacon pieces and downing the last bit of his orange juice.

Not wanting to seem slow, she quickly ate the last of her food and looked back up at Josh who was smiling at her, "That was delicious!!" She smiled, "Glad you think so. I spent way too long trying to develop that pancake recipe. Would you believe me if I told you there was ricotta cheese in them?" Josh gasped, "No!" Ami laughed loudly, "Yep!"

She and Josh proceeded to fight over doing the dishes.

Honestly! You'd think they were an old married couple...

🌘     🌒