Chapter 14

Ami tied her old highschool hoodie around her waist, putting on her glasses. She walked out of her dressing room only to be snatched up by Sky, Ben, and Josh. The boys cheered and Ami shrieked in confusion as they kicked open the stage door. When they set her down she looked at the nearest fansie, "Well that's one way to get to the stage door.."

She began signing playbills, something she learned was very rare for tour casts. She breezed through the crowd, socially drained by the time she finished. Ben grabbed her hand once they finished and began pulling her in a random direction.

She let herself get dragged away by Ben, nearly running into people and tripping after every turn. Eventually they arrived at an ice cream shop and Ben kicked the door open. Literally. Who kicks doors open? Ben does. When Ami walked in a few of the cast mates were scattered around, many clearly having the same idea of having a sweet treat after a successful show. Ben ran over to a table with Josh and Sky and Ami followed, sitting in front of Josh. After they ordered their ice cream, Ami getting a little too excited over cookie dough, they started talking.

"So what's the best way to flirt with a lady." Ami smacked Sky on the arm, "What the heck, Sky!" Josh burst out laughing and the boys got into a heated conversation about the best way to flirt with a girl with Ami protesting every once in a while. Eventually Ami shut them all up with, "Stop flirting and just kiss her, damn it. Just be straightforward or something. Flirting is really just playing with their feelings."

Sky grinned a very shit eating grin and turned to Josh, "Smooch your girl." Josh looked at him, horrified, "Pardon?" Ben jumped up, "SmOOCH YOUR GIRL." Josh's face went bright red and Ami looked thoroughly confused. Josh forced Ben to sit down, "Benjamin you should not be behaving this way, you're like 5!" Ben stuck his tongue out, "You're not my dad!"

Ami rolled her eyes at their shenanigans and grabbed Josh's hand, "I'm breaking this up before one of you kills the other." She dragged him out of the ice cream shop, leaving her half eaten ice cream behind for Sky to pay for. They walked along, the streetlights turning on as cars passed in the typical city traffic. As they walked the decent distance to the hotel, Ami swung their hands back and forth, humming a song to herself. Josh stole glances over at her, admiring her. He still couldn't see she hated theatre so much. He was glad that playing Katherine in the tour helped change her mind. He was sure Stephanie, the understudy, would've been great but it just wouldn't be the same without the bubbly teenager beside him.

He noticed that her hoodie had a highschool logo on it and turned to ask her about it, "What highschool did you go to?" She looked up at him, "Oh I went to this early college highschool. It was like... super prestigious so we had to do these interviews to get in. It was basically college and highschool mashed into four years. So I had to do a lot of community service on Fridays and I took a ton of dual credit classes, I hope you know what those are..." Josh nodded along, "So did you graduate with a ton of college done?" Ami nodded, "I graduated with my associates degree in the arts department. There wasn't really many choices so I went with the more theatre one. All of that almost went down the drain when I started giving up my previous dreams of going pro and performing on broadway and stuff. I then did a lot of online college and plan on going to college after the tour. I'm sort of hoping maybe I can pursue theatre again..."

Josh grinned, "That sounds great! I'm so glad you're back into theatre again. I think you would definitely make it on broadway. If anyone could, it's you." Ami smiled shyly, running her hand through her hair, "Thanks,  Joshie." As they walked along they talked about their plans after tour. Josh talked about how he planned to stay up in New York and auditioning for some broadway musicals. Ami gasped, "Maybe we could be in another musical together! I could audition for some too while I work for saving up some money for college!" Josh smiled, "That sounds great."

Josh paused for a minute, "Hey, Ames?" Ami looked back up at him, "Yeah?" Josh couldn't seem to make eye contact with her as his hands began to sweat and his cheeks flushed a bit, "Would you prefer being flirted with or someone being straightforward with you like you said back at the ice cream shop?" He was anxious, as they were taking their relationship slow and hadn't done much pda other than hold hands. Ami laughed, "Yeah I really prefer if people are straightforward and just tell me their feelings. Better than dealing with an incident of liking someone and them playing with your feelings." Josh nodded, butterflies dancing around in his stomach. He wanted to make a move but was scared to do something that hurt Ami.

He decided it was now or never and turned to her, grabbing her face. She looked up at him, confused, "Joshie? What's up?" He smiled nervously, removing his hands, "O-Oh it was nothing. Just saw a bug." Ami flared up at him, "Uh-huh." She jumped up and kissed him, catching him off guard. She pulled back, laughing, "You look like a tomato. I knew that was what you were going to do." Josh laughed, "You little twerp you're not as innocent as I thought you were," he proceeded to chase her back to the hotel.

IM SORRY I HAVENT POSTED IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SORRY

Between school, tech week being next week, and being a hungry tired gremlin I haven't had time to update so here you go! I'll try to resume being really active thank you and goodbye, *Grand curtain closes and I trip oof lol*