Chapter 16

Ami put the final item of clothing in her suitcase, her understudy Stephanie poking her head out from the bathroom, "You got everything? I just checked to make sure we got all our toiletries and the bathroom is clear." Ami nodded, smiling, I think we got it all." Stephanie grabbed her suitcase, Ami following her with her own as they walked out of the hotel room. They walked to the front lobby, checking out and joining the rest of the cast on the bus.

Today they were moving on to Philidelphia. Ami wouldn't stop jumping around, talking about how ecstatic she was that she might finally see real snow. When she admitted to never have seen it before Josh had thrown a fit. She did tell them the horrific and disgusting stories of how her elementary school took out the weird diaper stuffing and poured water onto large buckets of it and threw it all over the place, shooting it from dispensers just to trick the innocent and oblivious Texan children that this was really and truly snow. Later on though, the kids learned this was fake and all their dreams and good memories died very quickly. The school most definitely learned their lesson.

Josh was determined to show Ami real snow and would constantly talk about it. Ami was a southern kid. Born and raised in Texas, she didn't get to experience the joys of snow, or very little of it if any. A lot of times her little town would come close on those late days of December and early January but then Texas would be just a little too cold and freeze over with merely ice instead of the crunchy, fluffy snowflakes. This always disappointed Ami as a young child and she had always wanted to travel somewhere where the summers gave you a heat stroke the second you stepped outside and the winters didn't bite your arm off with their icicle teeth.

Josh had realised how much this had meant to her and was determined to give her a great first time snow experience. He had also noticed she was a very sheltered kid and didn't get to experience a lot of life like he or any other newsies cast member had. He had officially made up his mind that throughout this tour he was going to give her a grand and remarkable experience. His first plan was the snow. He didn't want everything to be strictly planned out but he wanted to know what all he was going to show her about snow. He knew it wouldn't snow when they reached Pennsylvania, it still being November, but he was prepared for whenever December/January came around.

Not only was Ami excited about the snow and winter, she was also excited because she heard about the Hershey World building that also happened to be in Pennsylvania. She was very disappointed when she realised there wouldn't be snow, poor wittle baby forgot it doesn't typically snow in November, but when she had heard from another person that there was an entire building about chocolate? This had her bouncing off the walls. She could barely sit still on the bus and Josh had to avoid taping her to her seat just to get her to refrain from moving. When the bus finally did take off though, she calmed down.

She had plugged in her earphones and was silently and gently nodding her head along to, what Josh had peeked to find, Jersey Boys. He smiled, knowing he had gotten her hooked onto another musical, despite it definitely being older, it was still a good one. When Ami's attention was stolen from Ben in front of her, Josh took out his phone and snapped a picture of her. She didn't notice, focused on what Ben was saying to her. Josh paid no attention to their conversation, posting the picture of her with the caption:

@joshuaburrage On the road to Philadelphia, PA with this crazy chick. Honestly do not know if I'll survive all of tour with her, she goes insane over snow... @ouiouimonami
(Wink wink please someone get the reference)

Ami got a notification on her phone, looking down after Ben finished what he was saying and turned back to face the front. She read the caption of Josh's post before furiously typing a comment:

@ouiouimonami WELL IM A SOUTHERN KID I DONT GET SNOW YOU WAFFLE

Josh snickered and she slapped his arm, crossing her arms as she glared furiously at him, her face burning red from embarrassment and anger. He laughed pulling her into a hug. Sky yelled from across the bus, "Shut up and get a room!" Ami's face, if possible, got even redder and she pushed away from Josh. She went back to listening to her music, Josh stealing and earbud as they continued the long wait on the bus.

Slightly shorter but I posted another one earlier so get over it smh lol