Chapter 29

Ami and Josh walked into the theatre for the matinee early only to find Sky Flaherty himself attempting to tape the sign in sheet on the ceiling. Sky froze when he saw the two walk in and smiled cheekily. Ami crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, "Sky what are you doing??" Sky giggled and quickly plastered the last piece of tape on and jumped off the chair. Josh walked over to stand underneath the sign in sheet, "Seriously, dude?" Sky continued to giggle as he quickly bolted off. Ami turned to Josh, "You sign us in I'll deal with the kid." Ami began running after Sky and, being smaller and quicker, managed to catch up and somehow tackle him. Sky flopped to the floor with a groan, "You ruin ALL the fun." Ami smiled and sat on his back, folding her hands, "As a good rat should." Josh came running down the hall, slowing to a halt when he saw Sky on the floor and Ami sitting on his back. He high fived her and then hauled Sky up to take him to the ensemble dressing room. Ami trailed behind and parted ways with them to head over to the dressing room she shared with the nuns.

As usual Ami was there before the nuns. Then again Josh, Ami, and Sky were there earlier than normal too, so she wasn't surprised. She checked the clock and saw she had about half an hour before the official call time and she had a routine to get ready so she'd be done rather quickly and be bored for the remaining 2 hours after her mic check. She threw on her taps and walked out to the stage, deciding to do a little extra practice on her tapping for the show. She enjoyed the peace and quiet granted to her despite the large theatre and listened to the rhythm of the metallic tapping coming from her feet. It was rare she'd get moments like this to herself ever since her life became so hectic and getting swept away by boys she's barely known but have become nearly as close of friends as Rachel. Ami stopped for a moment, looking out at the empty audience. She wondered how Rachel was doing without her. Who walked with her to work? Who gave her comfort when she was upset over some cute boy she liked who completely rejected her.

D-Do I really want this? Really and truly? Ami felt guilty that she was having all this fun and achieving her dreams when she had left all those people in Texas, Rachel in their small but cozy apartment, her beliefs in the past. Ami honestly wasn't sure who she was anymore. Did she really want to be on this stage? Or was she doing it all to preserve her relationship with Josh? Speak of the devil, Josh gently placed his hand on her shoulder, "... ... ... .."
She couldn't process what he was saying, she felt like she couldn't process anything anymore. She didn't feel herself fall to the floor, hyperventilating. She didn't feel Josh pick her up and carry her. They set her down on a couch in a dressing room, trying to calm her down. Eventually she did calm down and refused to talk to anyone, merely falling asleep on the couch and forcing them to quickly call in a swing.

When she awoke, Josh was sitting next to her on the couch in his act 2 makeup. The boy smiled when he saw she was awake, "Why hello, sleepy head. Feeling better?" He was understanding of her current situation, knowing that her panic attacks take a lot out of her. She nodded, ignoring the pounding head ache that had formed from stress. Ami tried not to think of the overwhelming thoughts that had triggered her anxiety in the first place, waving Josh off when the intercom called for places. She looked around the empty dressing room and decided to consult in some girl friends. She opened an old text group with some of her old friends from Clementine.

Ami🌈🍪
Anyone alive???

Steph 🍬🍭
Ahhhh! Our broadway girl has made contact!!!

✨✨Jacque✨✨
Heyyyy galll

Ami🌈🍪
Hey, everyone I have something I need help with...

Sorry this is so short I've been gone and busy with the new show I've been in. I'll try to update more before my school starts!!

Thank you to everyone for being patient and still reading!!! Thank you all!!!

(also y'all should message me with ideas for books and chapters for this book that you may want to see in the future)