Chapter 12

Ami woke up, unaware of her surroundings. She felt something warm and soft underneath her, and suddenly realised it was breathing. Her eyes shot open and she looked up, realising she had fallen asleep on Josh. She looked around, confused when she realised she was in her dressing room. She pried his arms off of her and stood up, grabbing her phone from her table. She checked the time, 8 am. She knew they had a show at 5 pm, so, after making sure Josh was still asleep, quickly changed into her extra pair of clothes she kept in the corner of her dressing room.

Ami looked at Josh, not sure what to feel. Why did he stay for her? He could have easily left her to lay on the hardwood floor. She laid down next to him on the floor, leaning her head on his shoulder. Could she really have someone again without breaking her heart? What were they? She looked up at him, his eyes still closed and his breathing even as he slept peacefully. It was then she noticed how truly handsome he was. Fangirls would kill to be in her spot. She noticed him shift, realising the floor wasn't really the most comfortable pillow for him. The brunette picked up his head gently, sitting up to lay it in her lap. She smiled as he let out a sigh, moving some hair out of his face. The male let out a small giggle as her nails brushed against his skin, tickling him. 

Her breath hitched, afraid he had woken him, but he continued to sleep. She frowned slightly, there was no way she could date again. Sure, Josh was a great guy, but she just wasn't ready to jump into more relationships after two previous sets of heartbreak. But... Josh truly did like her. If she gave him a chance, maybe it'd work out. But if she gave him a chance and it didn't work out? She felt internally conflicted, her heart torn in multiple directions. Would she find someone who liked her as much as Josh? Would Josh eventually leave her like everyone else? 

She thought back on her relationship with Erric. It had been going so well for 3 years. So well she was sure she'd end up wed to him. But then he cheated. He cheated with that ensemble member for no apparent reason. They had been doing so well and it easily all went into the trash, the abuse, the threats, you'd think one couldn't be traumatised in a week but there she was. Nobody would think someone with such a great and strong relationship would break so easily, yet there she was. Sure, things could go super well with Josh, but he could easily turn on her when she least expected it.  And what would happen if their relationship went on past the touring of the show? What if Ami ended up in a different show... Wait, a different show?

A new issue arrived in the anxiety-ridden thought process of the girl. Did she want to continue the tour? Did she want to continue a career as an actress? She looked down at Josh, admiring his face. It felt as though when she was looking at the boy all her worries melted away. She felt butterflies in her stomach as the boy's eyes fluttered open. Josh looked up at her and smiled. It was a genuine smile, one full of love and joy just for seeing her face. She studied his smile, feeling her cheeks heat up. Josh reached a hand up, grabbing hers, "Why good morning, beautiful."

She laughed, leaning back against the wall. Josh watched, smiling as he observed her. He loved the way her nose crinkled when she laughed, the way her eyes squinted, showing her Irish heritage. He loved her laugh, how she snorted if she laughed too much. She didn't cover her natural laugh like most girls and he loved that about her. He had to resist the urge to close his eyes and burrow into her legs, their warmth and her presence comforting him. She played with his hair, smiling down at him, "Good morning, sleeping beauty."  

Josh frowned a bit, sitting up to look at Ami. He grabbed her hands, staring down at them. He tightened his grip, holding her hands. They felt like a missing puzzle piece in his life, his heart feeling full when he held them. He looked up into Ami's eyes, moving a hand up to her face. He rubbed her cheek with his thumb, Ami leaning into it. Josh bit his cheek, "So.. What are we..?"

Ami closed her eyes, "I'm not sure..." Josh looked down, processing the situation. He quickly got up, surprising the female. He smiled widely, reaching out his hand to her, "Well why don't we find out?" Ami looked up at him, confused but taking his hand. He pulled her up, "So, how about that date?" Ami grinned as he twirled her closer, "Well, why not?"

Josh pulled her out of the theatre, grabbing an uber. They went back to the hotel, both freshening up a bit and Josh grabbing a basket. They walked from their hotel, holding hands. Ami couldn't help but blush a little each time he turned to smile at her. They arrived at a park, Josh finding a nice, empty spot in the grass and laying out a blanket. He sat down, patting the ground beside him. 

Ami laughed, "This is so cheesy!" Josh snickered as she sat by him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and she laid her head on his shoulder. They sat for a bit, munching on peanut butter sandwiches that Josh had managed to make in under 10 minutes. And, yes, most wouldn't go for a scrappy last minute picnic, but this was special for the both of them. Neither cared if it was cheap and not too well thought out, as it began raining not too long after, they just cared that they got to spend time with the person next to them.

And now I go to watch the Jersey Boys movie because you can't not love it honestly. Thanks for reading!