Chapter Four- I Need A Family Like I Need A Hole In The Head

Chapter Four

"I need a family like I need a hole in the head."

"Everyone needs a family."

"Come on, big guy

"Come on, big guy." Elena coaxed as she scraped Klaus off the sidewalk. She threw his limp arm over her shoulder and helped him stagger to his feet.

"What brings you out? Just had to visit old Klaus." He asked, a goofy grin on his face as he rested his head on Elena's shoulder.

"No. Have to find my deadbeat brother. You're a junkie?" Elena began.

"I find that an insulting term." Klaus stated, his voice completely void of emotion. Elena sighed.

"Have you seen him?" Elena asked, getting straight to the point.

"You'll have to be more specific." Klaus sais, staring at his other shoulder. Elena's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She shook her head reasoning that she'd never understand him when he's this high. She'd never understand him full stop.

"Emilio. My brother." Elena explained, being as specific as she could, or rather, being as specific as she knew Klaus would understand in his current state.

"I have a hunch." Klaus said.

"Is that because you can't walk on your own and are doubled over or do you know where Emilio is?" Elena asked skeptically, you never knew with Klaus.

"Both." He said, burping then laughing in Elena's ear.

"Can you help me find him?" Elena asked bluntly, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah. Yeah!" He said again, more enthusiastically the second time. "But I have a 'family meeting' I have to do first." Klaus said, making quotations with his hands and almost falling over in the split second he let go of Elena's shoulder. He stumbled and grabbed onto the closest thing he could find, which just so happened to be Elena's hair. He took her down with her.

"Okay, buddy. Let's get you home." Elena coaxed, hauling Klaus back up to his feet. "I can't deal with you on my own, you're your family's problem now."

*