Chapter Twenty Two- Maybe They're Here For Kenny's Birthday!

"Who the hell are these guys?"
"Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday!"

"Who the hell are these guys?""Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday!"

Diego looked at Elena. As soon as he caught her eye he looked away again. Elena sighed.

"Why are you being weird?" She asked as she too looked down at the floor. Diego sighed.

"We should probably talk about what happened-"

"Shut up." She snapped, shifting in her seat.

"Elena, listen-"

"Shut up." She said again more fiercely this time so she knew he got the point. Elena lifted her head to look at him. He opened his mouth to speak again and Elena sighed. Luckily, her phone rang and she signaled him to stop talking as she answered it.

"Look, mami, now's not a good time-" Elena began but her mother talked over her anyway. She looked at Diego somewhat apologetically. "Ma, I know but ma-" Elena said, trying to get a word in edgeways so she could tell her mom to leave her alone. Elena sighed knowing it was no use and to just get on with the conversation so she could hang up sooner.

"No, mami." Elena said patronisingly, "I haven't seen cousin Anita's baby yet...because it hasn't be born." She explained. Diego chuckled softly and Elena smiled before she even realised what she was doing. She dropped the smile as soon as she did.

"Look, ma," Elena began as she saw Luther and Allison come back in, "I have to go. Yes I know, I love you too mami. Bye." She hurried, using her mother's tactics against her so Luciana couldn't say another word and hung up the phone.

" She hurried, using her mother's tactics against her so Luciana couldn't say another word and hung up the phone

"Where's Five?" Luther asked, no pleasantries, just getting straight to the point.

"He left." Diego answered bluntly. Luther sighed.

"Oh for the love of- Where'd he go?" He asked getting increasingly more angry.

"He didn't say." Diego answered again in the same tone.

"Okay, well, we don't have time to wait for him, the concert's in half an hour."

"What's the plan?"