Chapter Eleven- It's About Damned Time

"Finally, a Latino! It's about damned time!"
"Mami! Leave!"

"Mami!" Elena called from the doorway as she put on her coat, "I'm off out

"Mami!" Elena called from the doorway as she put on her coat, "I'm off out. I'll be back...later." Elena called. In all honesty, Elena didn't know where she was going, let alone how long she'd be gone. Truth be told, Elena felt guilty about not helping the Umbrella Academy with whatever their grand plan was. She had to do something to take her mind off it, even if it was just walking around the city.

Just as Elena opened the door she came face to face with a rather sheepish looking Diego. Elena narrowed her eyes at him as they both froze, neither really knowing what to say or do.

"How do you know where I live?" Elena asked at last.

"I, er, I need to ask you something." Diego said, changing the subject. He looked...shy. Upon clocking the odd expression on his face, Elena stepped aside.

"Do you want to come in?" She asked. Diego shrugged and nodded, stepping through the door. As Elena went to shut the door behind the two of them she saw her mother's head poke around the door to the sitting room. She sighed.

"Don't hesitate to invite him in, Elena. Come in!" She said, this time to Diego as she revealed herself. "She's desperate!"

"Okay! Let's talk in the hall." Elena said, opening the door and practically pushing Diego outside, getting him away from her mother as quickly as possible. Luciana walked towards them. "Not you, ma." Elena hissed, snuck out the door and slammed it shut.

Elena sighed and leant against the front door, banging the back of her head lightly against the door.

"I am so sorry about that." Elena excused. Diego looked even more awkward now. He smiled slightly.

"Yeah, don't worry about it

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

Elena sighed.

"What did you need?" Elena asked gently.

"Advice." He admitted, "Help."

"This isn't another human shield type of thing, is it?" Elena asked in despair.