Chapter Sixteen- I Told You To Trust Me, Idiot!

"I told you to trust me, idiot! Why didn't you trust me?"
"You did arrest me."
"Well I got you out, didn't I?"

"Romero," Beeman called out as he came back to his desk from the holding cells

"Romero," Beeman called out as he came back to his desk from the holding cells. "He's been detained, you don't have to stay."

"I know." Elena said solemnly, sniffling as Beeman came in ear shot. Elena dabbed at her eyes with her jacket sleeve and quickly lowered her head when she noticed Beeman looking at her. She didn't want him to see that there were no actual tears.

"Elena? You okay?" Beeman asked, sitting down at his desk.

Elena had pulled up a chair by his desk when they had brought Diego to the station. That was 40 minutes ago and Elena was running out of ways to stall. Elena sniffled and sighed dramatically.

"Being here-" She said, her voice breaking, "Just reminds me so much of Eudora." Elena said, hanging her head in her lap and wailing loudly.

Beeman sheepishly looked around him as every officer in the station looked at him. Elena clocked this and continued sobbing.

"Could I just...have a minute alone? We'd come in here all the time-"

"Did you, I never saw you-"

"Oh God! I miss her!" Elena wailed cutting him off.

"Yeah, take all the time you need!" Beeman muttered, "But we do need to close up at 5pm, in about 20 minutes, for the night shift, so I'll just wait for you-"

"Ahhh!" Elena sobbed.

"Take all the time you need! In fact, I'm going to head out now." Beeman stammered, collecting his things.

"Thank you." Elena blubbered, standing up and hugging him. Beeman tensed.

Elena reached around his back and unclipped his keys from his belt, sliding them silently into her pocket before breaking the uncomfortable hug.

"Er, no problem." Beeman mumbled, turning away from her quicker than she had ever seen him move before.

Elena smirked at her amazing sleuthing ability and headed straight for the holding cells.