Chapter Seven- I'm Normal, I Swear!

"How did you do that?!"
"Don't look at me like that. I'm normal, I swear!"

Elena stood up shaking

Elena stood up shaking. Whoever that woman was who had shot her had disappeared immediately after she shot Elena but that didn't make Elena feel any better. Her chest ached. It didn't hurt like before, she wasn't in agony. It just ached like a bad bruise.

Elena was in such a state of shock that she could barely walk, there was no way she was getting home on her own but Diego seemed to have other ideas.

"Come on." He huffed, hauling Elena to her feet. He grabbed her by the elbow and marched her down the street. Elena didn't have much of a choice but to go with him.

"Wait here." He said gruffly as he plonked Elena down on a couch back home, at the Umbrella Academy. She was in no mood to argue. She sat down and he walked off. Elena sniffled and exhaled deeply, her breathing still shaky.

A couple of minutes of dull silence past, only interrupted by Elena's staggered breathing. Then she heard the distant sound of voices arguing.

"She has to be!" Elena heard Diego shout. Elena heard a woman's voice but she was too far away for Elena to make out what she had said.

"I saw it, Allison!" She heard Diego again. "I saw her get shot right in the chest!" Diego shouted as he and Allison rounded the corner and joined Elena in the sitting room. "And look at her, now she's fine."

"She doesn't look fine to me

"She doesn't look fine to me." Allison responded, quickly crossing the room and sitting next to Elena on the couch. Elena was still shaking in shock and it was strangely comforting that Allison put her arm around Elena's shoulders. It was only until Klaus spoke that Elena realised he was there too.

"I don't know, she looks pretty fine to me." He said slyly, biting into a massive sandwich as she sat on the couch opposite. Diego smacked him upside the head. "Hey! All I meant is she has a nice top on." Klaus excused but no one believed him. Elena didn't believe him the first time though.

"How do you feel?" Allison asked softly. Elena nodded and took a deep breath in to steady herself.

"Like shit."