Chapter Six- Why Won't Anyone Answer Their Fucking Phone?

Chapter Six

"This is Klaus. I can't get to the phone because I'm getting high! Leave a message!"
"It's Elena! Pick up your phone! And tell your brother to pick up his fucking phone too! Why won't anyone answer their fucking phone?"

 I can't get to the phone because I'm getting high! Leave a message!""It's Elena! Pick up your phone! And tell your brother to pick up his fucking phone too! Why won't anyone answer their fucking phone?"

"Emilio? Is that you?" Luciana called out as Elena got back home.

"No, mami. It's Elena. I'll go find him." Elena called out, not even bothering to hang up her coat as by now, she expected she'd be leaving straight away.

Elena check second street, where Klaus and suggested looking. Although she saw many dodgy characters on street corners with massive trench coats, Emilio wasn't one of them. Elena wanted to trust her brother but he had gotten himself in so much trouble in the past. Nevertheless, she decided to check the boxing gym Emilio trained at next.

The sun was setting as Elena reached the boxing gym which only made it look even more dingy. There weren't many left here so it was easy for Elena to rule it out in her search for Emilio. She was just about to leave when she heard the obnoxiously loud manager talking on the phone.

"Detective Patch huh, I'll pass on a message."

Elena sauntered over, interrupting the manager before he put the phone down. She grabbed his wrist, holding it back so he couldn't put the phone back in the cradle.

"I need to speak with detective Patch." Elena said as sternly as she could.

"Yeah?" The manager asked aggressively, "It'll cost you, suggar."

Elena sighed and shuddered as the old man leaned in. God his breath was bad. Elena reached into her coat pocket and pulled out a crumbled $5 bill. He snatched it up but refused to hand her the phone. She sighed and slammed another $5 bill onto the counter and he handed her the phone.

"Eudora?" Elena called down the phone.

"Elena?"

"What is it? What do you need?"

"No offense, Elena. But you're not really qualified to help on a police case."

"You spend the entire time we meet up complaining that your ex-partner isn't qualified."

"At least he started out in the police academy."

"Eudora, do you remember what my job is?"

"No, actually. I-"

"I am a bail bonds woman. It's in the job description to bring in these jerks by any means necessary. Any means! I can handle myself. Now where are you?"

"The motel on Calhoun."

"Okay, I'm on my way." Elena replied, handing back the phone to the manager with a sarcastic smile and hurrying out of the boxing gym.