Chapter Eight- Risking My Life For Dumbasses Is Kinda My Thing Now

"You're such an idiot!"
"Get off my back! You didn't have to come down here!"
"Risking my life for dumbasses is kinda my thing now!"

"You're such an idiot!""Get off my back! You didn't have to come down here!""Risking my life for dumbasses is kinda my thing now!"

"Elena!" She heard her brother call out as she opened the front door. She swung it silently shut behind her and just stayed in the hallway, leaning, exhausted, against the door. "Finally, you're home. Mami's been driving me insane worrying about you- are you okay?" Emilio ranted, stopping in the doorway to the hall when he noticed Elena. "You're covered in blood? Who did this?"

Elena sniffed and walked towards her brother. She threw her arms around his chest and hugged him weakly, resting her head on his chest. Emilio didn't hesitate to cover her with his arms either. He didn't say anything as he heard Elena's sniffles and whimpers, or comment on her shaking gasps for air or how she would, every now and then, wip at ehr eyes. Emilio knew better than to ask her why she was crying, he'd just leave her to get it all out.

"Elena? Is that you?" She heard her mother ask as she stood in the doorway to the kitchen, watching as Elena reluctantly let go of Emilio. She wiped at her red and puffy eyes before following her mother into the kitchen.

"Mija, what's wrong?"

"I'm fine, mami." Elena muttered, her voice breaking slightly.

"You can tell me." Luciana insisted softly, placing a hand on Elena's shoulder. Elena shrugged it off.

"No, mami. I need to ask you something." Elena mumbled, afraid that if she rose her voice she would start crying again. For now, she had to put Eudora behind her. She could grieve after she had answers. "I need to ask you about papi."

"Ah, my dear Edouardo..." Luciana mused, gently placing a hand over her heart.

"No, mami. My dad."

"Oh..."

*

Diego sat brooding in this car outside yet another crappy motel as he watch Hazel at the window

Diego sat brooding in this car outside yet another crappy motel as he watch Hazel at the window. He averted his gaze to look innocent and pulled out his phone. He put it to his ear and waited at the dial tone changed, indicating the person on the other end accepted the call.