the french mistake (part 1)| j2 x reader

type: no ship
warnings: mild swearing, A/N= Actor's Name

imagine: you and the boys are working to take down the trickster when you pass out. you awaken to see "dean" hovering over you with a worried face.

"Hurry up!" Dean shouts from outside the impala. You roll your eyes, continuing to work on your lipstick.

Finishing up as quickly as you could, you shut the mirror and exited the car. You fidgeted with wooden stake hidden in your purse. "Ready?" Sam asked, a half smile on his face.

"I guess I have to be," You mumbled.

The three of you headed inside the small bar, and you immediately got hit with a wave of nausea. You lost your balance, landing straight into Dean's side. He caught you, and you held a hand to your mouth. "Hey- Hey! Y/N, are you okay?" Dean frantically asked.

"Boys- and Y/N! Ah, great company here tonight," You heard Gabriel's voice calling out. Things began to blur and you couldn't even hold yourself up.

You let out a breathy groan, your eyes subtly closing shut. You could feel your body being set on the floor before everything just stopped.

You fluttered your eyes before opening them. Looking up, you saw Dean hovering over you. You sat up, gently pushing him away from your face.

"Dean? What happened?" You asked with a confused face. You gently rubbed your eyes as he began to laugh. Your face contorted to and even more confused state. He suddenly stopped, looking a lot more concerned now.

"Oh... You were being serious. Damn, that fall must have messed up your head. It's me, Jensen," He spoke. You looked at him, just to be clear of what he was saying.

Sam and Dean had told you about this. How they were placed in an alternate universe where they were named "Jensen" and "Jared." Three words blurred through your mind— Oh, hell no.

"Oh... Right," You fake laughed. "Jensen. As in Jensen who plays Dean. Not Dean. Heh."

You noticed Sam...Jared pacing back and forth in the background, twiddling his fingers. Jensen skeptically agreed with you, "Yeah. On the show... Are you sure you're okay, A/N? I mean Jared did push you a little hard during that scene."

"Sorry about that," the tall man awkwardly apologized from the other side of the room.

You let out a breathy laugh of disbelief. "Yeah, I'm good. Hey, um... Where's the bathroom?"

Jensen looked at you like you had seriously gone mad, but simply pointed to the back part of his trailer. You nodded, excusing yourself to the back.

You entered, listening intently through the door. Jared's voice rose through the air first, "Jensen, it's literally The French Mistake."

"Okay, okay. We got tripped up in Supernatural last time though. Why didn't that happen this time?" Jensen grumbled, confused.

"I don't know, but that definitely isn't A/N."

"C'mon you can't be suggesting that the girl in the back of my trailer is actually the Y/N."

There was a pause, followed by someone attempting to speak, followed by silence. You shuddered. They had really already figured you out.

"Fuck it," You mumbled, leaving the bathroom and approaching the actors. "Okay, so J2 or whatever. You got me- I heard you guys from the bathroom. Listen, I just need to get back into the Supernatural Universe cause there is no way in Hell that I'm going to be acting like Sam and Dean had to. Got it?"

The boys just stood there nodding. Jensen looked on the borderline of geeking out, and Jared looked like he was about to have a panic attack.

"So... What exactly do we do?" Jared asked, scratching his neck. You shrugged.

"Well- Who is me in this universe?"

"Actress. A/N," Jensen chimed, sitting down. You began to pace around, taking a deep breath.

You shakily sighed, desperately trying to think of anything. You began to state your thoughts out loud. "So, A/N and I must have switched universes... And based on what I last remember, she's with the boys. They must have figured out that it's not be me by now, right? Magics don't work in this universe..."

"But they do in the other universe," Jensen finished. You nodded. "So, what do we do about it?"

"Wait?" Jared provided, but you shook your head in dissatisfaction.

"If we wait too long then I'm going to have to get on set and act. I'm literally the worst actor out there."

"Okay, so we lie. We just say that you need to rest after that hit, and then we wait," Jensen shrugged. "It's our best bet right now."

It had been five hours of you and the boys discussing what it's like to really fight monsters and what it's like to act out all of it.

You were exhausted of the trailer, as you had only peeked out once, but almost got caught. "C'mon, they at least have to have gotten the ingredients by now. Crowley's good at that type of shit," You grumbled.

"What did it feel like right before you switched?" Jared asked, changing his position on the couch for the millionth time.

"I was just kinda nauseous, y'know? Like a wave of dizz-" You started, but was interrupted by the same feeling. "Oh, God."

Both of the actors hopped up, ready to help, but you merely layed down the floor, waiting for it to just knock you out and take you back.

You sat up in your room with an exasperated exhale. "D-Dean? Sam?" You called out, worried that you might be in a completely other universe.

Sam walked in first, a genuine smile on his face. Dean followed, looking tired and worried. "Y/N?" He asked, looking for some type of reassurance.

You grinned, "That's me."

{shelby}
{977}