anniversary | castiel x reader

type: fluff
warnings: none
imagine: you can cas celebrate your fifth anniversary

"Angel?" You called out as you returned to the bunker. There was only the response of a hum from Dean. "Do you know where Cas is, Dean?"

"I haven't seen him since this morning. He was in a rush to go somewhere," Dean says. You frown.

It was your 5th anniversary, and he hadn't even talked to you today. "You don't think he forgot, do you?" You asked, now visibly upset.

Sam chimed into the conversation as he walked in with a salad. "He's a busy guy," Sam suggested, "Maybe there's another thing going on with heaven. With everything going on with Micheal, maybe he just forgot about it."

"He wouldn't," You decided firmly. "He wouldn't." Sam shot you a sad face, and you proceeded to your room. Your shared room.

You brought out your phone, texting him. You're frown was replaced with an angry look as you took a look at the message you sent.

cas🥰

hey baby— i haven't
seen you at all
today... are you ok?
Read 10:45am

"C'mon babe," You sighed. You gently set down your phone, sprawling out on your bed and huffing out another breath.

1:00; Still no sign of your husband. The calm before the storm.

"Don't stress it," Dean said aloud from across the room. You were drawing, moreso scribbling, little doodles all over the report the police had given you a couple months back. "I'm sure he'll turn up."

You shot him a scary powerful glance, silencing him. Looking back down to continue your work, you spoke. "And you're absolutely positive that you have no clue where he is? You aren't a part of some scheme or something?"

"Hey, hey, alright we both know that I love and support you guys, but I'm being honest here, Y/N. I really have no clue where he went this morning."

You gathered your materials, nodding and leaving to the other room.

4:57; The storm.

"Just admit that you know what's going on!" You yelled at Sam. Sam stayed seated while you rampaged around the room. "I know that one of you guys knows what's up!"

"Y/N-" He attempted. You stomped your foot down, holding up your pointer finger at him. He was relaxed. "Sit down, will you?"

You lowered the finger, harshly pulling out a chair from across him and slamming your body down into it. "Truth," You growled.

"I don't know where he is, but he will be here. I promise," Sam said soothingly, going in to caress your hands. You shifted them to your lap and his arms retreated.

You sighed out, exasperated. "Full truth."

"He talked to me. Didn't tell me anything other than that he would be here and that's what I needed to tell you if you got way to over stressed."

There was a small spark in your stomach.

7:29.

You were standing in the middle of the bunker, almost completely ready to give up. "Cas," Your voice broke quietly. You closed your eyes. "It's almost thirty... If you're going to turn up and surprise me, you can. My eyes are closed. You can really make my day."

You felt the time pass and it felt like a year. There was no woosh or gust of wind. It was silent. You opened your eyes gently.

7:30.

Your heart ached. He couldn't have really forgotten me, could he?

You turned around, ready to turn in for the night. Netflix and ice cream alone. An anniversary delight.

Then you heard it. The woosh. You turned around with bright eyes to see your husband in a full tux with a singular white rose in his hand. 7:31.

"Cas?" You asked gently, almost completely numb. He smiled.

"I'm sorry I'm so late, I spent the whole day planning. I thought I was finally finished but then realized that I needed to get you a rose," He quickly explained, holding it out to you. You took it gracefully, a small smile forming on your face.

You pecked his lips, whispering, "You big dweeb." He chuckled, snapping his fingers. You looked down to reveal a beautiful blue dress, complimentary to his now tightened blue tie. "Where to?"

He smiled, holding your hand and using his grace to transport you to the best place you could possibly imagine: The City of Love, Paris.

You were standing in the Eiffel Tower, gazing over the city. A table stood behind you, food already prepared and ready to go. You were speechless.

You tried to form words, to ask questions, but nothing came out. Cas took you by the hand, escorting you to your seat. "So?" He asked.

"I'm so glad I married you, Angel," You smiled. You held out your pinky. "Forever and always?"

He snickered at the old gesture you'd made when you had only first started dating. He linked his to yours, "Forever and always."

{shelby}
{831}