comfort | dean x reader

type: angst, fluff
warnings: fight, swearing

imagine: you having a panic attack after you have a fight with dean, but he comes in to check on you

"Dean, please," You spoke. "Just talk to me. I get that you're going through a dark time, but you're being a whole other person."

"I am not!" He proclaimed, drinking another swig from his bottle. "You're the problem here. You're always overthinking, and you can't ever focus on the main task."

"So, what? Are you saying that I slow you and Sam down?" You growled, a bit hurt. Dean didn't say anything, but merely wavered that what you said was his thoughts exactly. "You are so cruel, you know that?"

Dean stood up. "Cruel?"

"Yes! You're cruel as shit! You only ever care for Sam and yourself. Don't you consider me family?" You yelled. He opened his mouth, but you continued. "Save the whole family talk. I don't care. Dean we've known each other for six years! I get it. Family over everything. Or has that suddenly changed?"

"I'm not saying you aren't family, I'm just saying that I'm not the only one making problems here. We should be focused on-"

"Lucifer! Yeah! I know!" You shouted. "That's the only thing you're ever worried about. You've just lost interest in caring about anything else. You're so... so..."

Dean's face stayed straight. "I'm so what?" He lowly growled. You felt the warmth of tears rolling down your cheeks.

"You're so heartless!" You screamed, your voice hitching. He gaped a little, and you left the room, tears flowing endlessly from your eyes. Sam tried to stop you as you walked through the halls, but you pushed him out of the way. "S-Sorry, Sam," You managed to mumble.

You slammed your bedroom door, letting out an excruciatingly loud scream of anguish. You threw papers and books off of your desk, your pencil holder flying wildly. You toppled over chairs, lamps, and threw pillows at the wall.

Slowing down, you began to heave. You were crying so hard that you couldn't breathe.

You sat on your bed, trying to regain air, but nothing seemed to come in. You were having a full blown panic attack.

There was a small knock at the door and Dean walked in. He looked at the mess on the floor, and then at you.

He noticed you sobbing, holding your chest and heaving out. He'd seen you like this before. He knew what to do.

He gently sat by you, wrapping a blanket around you. He kissed your forehead, wiping away your tears. He sat you up straight, softly commanding, "Breathe."

You gasped in a huge breath, letting it out in a shuddering breath. He held you in his arms, wandering his hand around your back. You let out another cry, hitting his chest with all the force you had. He didn't flinch.

You tried again, hitting softer, but ending up just curling into him. "You're okay, you're okay," He shushed, placing his hand in your hair. "It's okay. Let it out."

You sobbed into his shirt, soft and loud cries escaping your lips. "D-Dean," You whined out, clinging on to him for dear life. "Dean..."

You repeated his name, your sobs and voice quieting each time. You were so burned out from fighting. Not even just with Dean, but fighting against everything. You felt worn down: broken.

Dean shifted, laying you down. He recovered your body with the blanket, and pressed a soft kiss on your head. He rose, looking around the room.

He cleaned up the papers and pencils, setting them in piles on your desk. He grabbed your pillows, placing them them by your head. The lamp was returned to its former place, and he dragged the chair up to your bed.

Sitting down, he grabbed your hand. "I'm sorry," He mumbled, looking into your tired eyes. "I'm so sorry."

You quietly yawned, sinking into your bed. You squeezed his hand, muttering, "I know... I love you."

"Rest," He whispered, running his thumb over the top of your hand. You let your eyes close, the feelings of Dean's hand still quite present. "I love you."

{shelby}
{699}