strength in pain | sam x reader

type: angst, semi-tragedy
warnings: swearing, possible trigger, abusive!sam

imagine: you get hurt while out on a hunt you, and sam, your emotionally abusive boyfriend, gets mad that you didn't tell him

Dean carefully carried you into the bunker, staying as quiet as possible. He delicately made his way to the bathroom, sitting you down on the counter. He held a finger to his mouth. You nodded.

He reached under the sink, grabbing a medical box. He opened it, bringing out stitching supplies.

He handed you a folded up towel, which you bit down on. "Ready?" He quietly asked. You nodded, preparing for the pain that was soon to come to your shoulder.

Dean looped the string with the needle, hooking it through your skin. You bit down on the towel as he weaved your wound back together. You let out a disgruntled huff as he plunged the needle in a bit further. "Sorry," He briskly whispered.

He finished, cleaning off his supplies. You slid down from the counter just as Dean placed the first aid kit back under the sink.

You peered at the mirror, your still bloody arm looking fresher than before. "No telling Sam," You mumbled.

Dean nodded, "Your call."

You stood at the bookshelf, trying to find one of your favorite books. You didn't know where it went.

Sam paced into the bunker's study, and you lightly tensed. You hadn't seen him since you had left for the case. He came up behind you, gently wrapping his arms around your waist.

You smiled as he asked, "So, how was the case? You called Dean in for backup."

"It went well. I just needed Dean because the demons said they wanted a bargain with him. I was part of the deal."

"And what was the deal exactly?"

"Well... they had caught me before. They just traded me for something of Dean's. I couldn't really hear them."

Sam released your hips, spinning you around. He peered into your eyes as if he was searching a crime scene. "Did they hurt you?"

You scoffed. "Minor scratches. Nothing I can't handle," You grinned. He looked at you with disbelief, and you kissed him before it got too weird. "I'm good, I promise."

You turned back around, now just pretending to find your book. Your mind was completely blank. Your stomach seemed to be flipping at 100 miles per hour. He knows I'm lying.

Sam gently placed his hands on your shoulders, seemingly trying to massage your shoulders. He gripped straight onto your stitches. Without thinking, you let out a yelp of pain, and jerked your body away from his hands.

You turned back around, your nervous eyes locking with his concerned ones. After a brief pause, he spoke in a loud tone. "Are you hurt?"

You sucked in a sharp breath, "N-No. Nope. I'm good. You just kinda scared me t-there. I mean it just— I just wasn't expecting that."

You internally slapped your face.

Sam extended his arm to your neck, and you damn well not to do anything. He pulled down the collar of your shirt over your shoulder, and his face became ice cold.

"Who?" He questioned. You nearly shivered at how low his voice was.

"T-The demon- but I'm fine! Sam, I'm telling you that I'm okay."

Sam disregarded what you said, angrily yelling out, "Why didn't you just tell me the truth? You are hurt! That's important, Y/N!"

Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed Dean standing in the entry way, a worried look on his face. You slowly waved your hand, signaling that you were okay.

"Why don't you ever tell me these things? Why don't you want me to know? We've been together for a year! I'd think you would trust me by now!" Sam rambled. You took a step back, and he took a step forward. You closed your eyes.

"T-The Sam that I... The S-Sam that I began d-dating wouldn't ever y-yell at m-me," You quietly mumbled, making sure that he could hear you. Sam's face contorted, and you cowered into the bookshelf. "I'm s-sorry! I d-didn't mean
that!"

"What do you even mean 'the Sam you began dating?' It's still me! I'm still Sam! Jesus, what is wrong with you?"

As the last words slipped off of his tongue, a tear escaped your eye. You sunk to the floor, and Dean approached the scene, yelling, "Sam!"

Sam's eyes didn't leave you, and though you had your head to your knees, you could practically feel his stare. The whole world just seemed to stop, and you didn't really care.

Something happened in that moment, though. You found your source of pain for the past year, and you were ready to let it go.

You stood up, Sam still looking fiercely. Dean was trying to get involved, but you wavered him off. You looked at Sam dead in the eyes, and sharply stated, "We're fucking done."

You pushed Sam out of the way, leaving the room. You internally thanked a part of yourself as you shut the door of your bedroom. The torment you put yourself through was finally over.

{shelby}
{874}