safe | sam x reader

type: trigger, fluff
warnings: suicide trigger

[IF YOU ARE SUICIDAL, PLEASE CALL THE HOTLINE: 1-800-273-8255. STAY SAFE.]

imagine: sam prevents you from committing suicide.

You finish writing the note, silently crying as you set it down on the bunker's main table. This was it. All of your worries would be gone tonight.

They're strong. They'll get through it. You thought, numbly crying. This is fine.

You paced down the hallways, finding your room with ease. What if Sam can't stop reading the note?

Trillions of thoughts raced past you as you looked around your room for or of the final times. The medication sat on your desk. What if Dean-

You cut yourself off, grabbing the sleeping pills. I want this. I want to see her again. I want to stop this.

You grabbed the bottle, shaking out a handful. You burst into sobs at the thought of really going through with this.

"M-Mom... I'm sorry," You mumbled, taking one pill. "Dean, I'm sorry." You gulped another. "Cas, I'm sorry." You swallowed a third.

You paused to look down at the thirty or so other pills. "Sam," You whispered. Starting to get choked up you completed your sentence quickly. "I'm so sorry." Taking a pause, you cried harder than you ever had. You took one final deep breath.

"I want this!" You desperately screamed with a broken voice. You threw the pills into your mouth just as your bedroom door flung open. Sam stood there, his terrified eyes already filled with tears.

"Y/N," He meekly cried. "Stop."

You couldn't help from bawling as you shook your head, mouth still filled with pills. He approached you steadily, placing his hand under your mouth.

"Please."

You cried harder, spitting them out, and falling into Sam's chest. The two of you sunk to the floor, trying to catch each other's breath.

"I'm s-so sor-sorry," You quiet hiccuped. "I-I-I'm s-sorry, Sam." He held your tighter, shushing you.

"Did you take anything else?"

"I-I already t-took three."

Sam extended his arms, holding you so he could look you in the eyes. You sobbed as he let gentle tears roll down his own face. He gently carded your face, pressing a fire kiss on your forehead.

"You're so beautiful," He whispered against your skin. "I can't lose you. Please don't let me lose you."

You nodded into his lips, tears still flying everywhere.

"I love you so much, Y/N," He said, a small empathetic smile forming on his face. "I can't explain how much I love you."

The only word you could seem to form was, "Safe."

Sam agreed to your simple response. "You're safe," He nodded. A few shuffles rang from the both of you. "You're safe."

{shelby}
{467}