independant {2} | castiel x reader

type: fluff, angst
warning: mild swearing

imagine: cas wants to excessively heal you after a hunt, but you insist that you're fine

You let out a heavy sigh. You didn't recognize them. "W-Who are you?"

All of the men's faces contorted into fear and horror. The shorter man wearing plaid walked away from the situation, his hand locking around his mouth and jaw. The tallest looked up, grabbing the edge of the couch. The man in the trenchcoat sat down on the couch.

"Who are you?" You repeated. "Um... My name is... My name... Well, I'm not so sure. Do you know my name?"

The man who'd walked away paced back quickly. "I'm Dean, this is Sam, and this is Cas- and you're... well you're Y/N," He stated, his faith decreasing.

"Your names," You said slowly. "They're almost familiar. I still don't exactly recognize you, but I mean I guess I can trust you if I used to."

The men looked at you as if they were expecting something more. You stood up to go look around the foreign region, but Cas grabbed your arm. You jerked it away out of instinct. "Y/N..."

"S-Sorry!" You explained. "I just want to look around. Where exactly are we?"

"The bunker. It's our home," Sam wavered. "Your home."

You paced over to a curved hallway. You stopped, an uncertain frown curling onto your face. You felt like all of this was in your brain, but you couldn't seem to grasp it. You wanted to remember. You felt like you were in the wrong body.

"You really can't remember anything?" Dean asked. You slowly turned around to face him.

"I'm really sorry," You apologized. "I'm sure you all meant something to me. I know that you mean something to me. I just can't seem to remember what exactly that is... Maybe we could try to jog my memory. Do I have a room?"

The boys nodded, leading you down the corridor to a tall door. A symbol sat above the number 17. You gently grabbed the knob, opening it up to a fresh, free space.

You didn't recognize any of it.

You entered, making your way to the bed's nightstand. You opened it up with curiosity, grabbing a small box. It revealed multiple photos of a younger you and the men.

You grazed your finger on a very old, crippled photo. A woman held her arms around a small child, a grin on her face. Her eyes were bright and cheery. "Who is she?" You asked, showing them.

"That's, erm, your mother," Castiel mumbled. "She was an amazing woman."

"Was?"

The men grew silent and you placed the photo back solemnly. "Oh," You whispered. "We need to get me help immediately. I need to get back."

"What's in it for me?" Rowena grumbled with an annoyed tone. You silently admired her hair while sitting across the room.

"Well what exactly do you want?" Dean growled back. Rowena grew a small smirk, standing up and leaning to Sam.

"Well how about Samuel here doesn't ever kill me?" She grinned. "Afterall, how can I fear death if the man who's going to do it can't."

Dean shot Sam a dangerous glare, and you perked up. "And you can fix me for sure?" You asked. Rowena turned to you with a sweet smile.

"Yes, of course. Just as long as we make this deal final," She said, articulating every syllable. You vigorously nodded for the boys to tale the deal.

Dean inaudibly growled something into Rowena's ear and she nodded with a pleased nod. "C'mon, Y/N," Cas invited, leading you to the main table.

You laid down on it, a sort of nervousness bursting in your stomach. "Calm yourself, dear. It'll only hurt more if your tense. Relax," She forewarned.

She placed three fingers on your forehead, and chanted, "Memoriam eius restituet." A shock electrocuted through your brain and you jolted upwards. "Deus, O Deus, suos admonere meam."

You let out a small scream of pain, and gripped the edge of the table. Rowena continued to chant words, and you found yourself in a state of not knowing
what was even going on.

Everything was colors. Blurbs of nothingness. Suddenly, it halted. Everything was quiet. Dark.

You felt alone.

You sat up in your bed, stiff. With no caution of the sheets, you got out of bed and paced to the main room.

You yawned as you entered and watched as Cas' head popped off the table. He stood, the others staying down. "What do you remember last?" He asked, worry in his voice.

"Uhm... Oh that's right. I was going to go on a hunt but then I started getting really sick. I let you guys go on the hunt while I recovered," You explained. "Why? You guys killed whatever it was, right?"

A, "Yes," erupted from all of the boys. You gave them a side frown, but Cas stepped up, giving you a hug. You were merely shocked, but hugged him back, looking to the Winchester's for some sort is sign of why he was doing this.

"I missed you," Cas mumbled into your neck. You smiled, placing a small peck on his forehead.

"I missed you too," You giggled.

{shelby}
{882}